D&D sessions open to the Deaf community

D Sessions Open Deaf Community - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 22nd Aug, 2011 - 11:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

24th September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Warlock
Warlock
Ranger
Ranger
Fighter
Fighter
Rogue
Rogue
Draconian
Draconian
Wizard
Wizard
Cleric
Cleric
Barbarian
Barbarian

Dungeons and Dragons
13th Aug, 2011 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

D&D sessions open to the Deaf community

Has anyone ever heard of a D&D sessions open to the Deaf community?

Although I'm not deaf myself, I DO find the deaf community fascinating. It would be nice to know that there are fellow gamers out there that like me have the ability to role play through ASL.

Sponsored Links:
14th Aug, 2011 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

community Deaf to open sessions Dragons and Dungeons

So you can sign language? That is such a cool skill to have and it makes for sniper type communication between players around a tabletop. Thinking about it in a setting like this site has you don't need to hear anything so it will be just good for them to participate but more of a challenge to someone that's blind.

22nd Aug, 2011 - 6:02am / Post ID: #

D&D sessions open to the Deaf community Reviews RPG & Card Board

Yeah, I've been signing for about 6 years now. I have friends that are deaf, however I'm the only one among them that finds pen & paper (or in this case Play By Post) RPG's entertaining.

You pose an interesting thought though, how WOULD a blind person participate in a pen & paper of Play By Post RPG?

Reconcile Edited: Felthalas on 22nd Aug, 2011 - 6:07am

22nd Aug, 2011 - 11:59am / Post ID: #

community Deaf to open sessions Dragons and Dungeons

Well a blind person can still hear right? If a DM can describe the location of objects and people then a blind person can gather this information and make actions without being able to see maps or character sheets. I'm sure it does happen it will be cool to read how someone that is blind actually does it.

> TOPIC: D&D sessions open to the Deaf community

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,