Rummy, Gin, Crazy 8s, Old Maid, Fish

Rummy Gin Crazy 8s Maid Fish - Board, Card, RPG Reviews - Posted: 19th Apr, 2013 - 5:20am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Paladin
Paladin
Rogue
Rogue
Fighter
Fighter
Ranger
Ranger
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Warlock
Warlock

4th Apr, 2004 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #

When I was a kid, my sisters and step-siblings used to have Rummy tourneys, we played with double and triple decks. It was really fun! We also would play all night sometimes, keeping scores into the 1000's!!

What other card games can you remember?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Apr, 2004 - 6:53am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Fish Maid s Crazy Gin Rummy

We used to play double solitaire. After I got married, my husband taught me how to play poker. After I won too often he wouldn't play cards with me. Then I taught him how to play cribbage. When he couldn't win more than half the games he quit playing with me! (such a spoiled sport!)

Spades, and hearts. I love spades! But I can't remember much about how to play hearts.

21st Aug, 2004 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

Rummy, Gin, Crazy 8s, Old Maid, Fish Reviews RPG & Card Board

Growing up in Trinidad, my friends and I played a card game called 'All Fours'; JB may have heard of it or played it. It is a game where you have to have 4 people and you play with teams of 2 each. You sit opposite your partner so teams take alternate turns. The object was to score the most each hand. Scoring was based of a 5 point system. High-Low-HangJack-Game. High=1, Low=1, HangJack=2,Game=1. First team to 14 won the game.
I will try to explain it as simply as I can here. A card was dealt after the hands were dealt. The suit of the card was consider 'trump' and any card of that suit was more powerful than any other card. Players started playing one card at a time, and the person with the highest card of the round, won the hand. This continued until all the hands were played. High score was given to the team who had played the highest card of the 'trump' suit, lowest the lowest card, game was based of a points system: 10=10, J=1, Q=2, K=3 and A=4. HangJack was when one team had Jack of trump suit and played it, and another team played a higher card such as Q,K or A and captured the J. This is really the entire goal of the game is to hang another teams Jack. It was very popular when I was growing up and loads of fun to play because of the teams and all the trash talking.

25th Aug, 2004 - 5:06am / Post ID: #

I used to play Go Fish with my brother when I was a kid. If he didn't win he would beat me up. Still, I loved the game and I recently got it for the computer, it's on a CD called Holye Classic Games. It also has Parcheesi, Hangman, Hearts, Backgammon and Anagrams. They are nearly as fun as the real thing. Parcheesi has always been one of my favorite board games.

Reconcile Edited: ReneeisXena on 25th Aug, 2004 - 5:07am

19th Apr, 2013 - 5:20am / Post ID: #

First card game I was ever taught, my brothers taught me "52 Card Pick-Up". Not a game but a trick, you ask an unknowing victim if they'd like to play said game. When the victim says either yes or no, you bend the cards in your hand until they are squeezed out of your hands and all over the floor. Then you tell the victim, "Okay, pick them up!", then you leave the room.

Since that, there was: Old Maid, Go Fish, (500)Rummy, Gin Rummy, Crazy 8's, Black Jack(21), Poker, War, Speed, Baccarat, Solitaire, Bulls*&t, Pusoy, Pusoy Dos, Spades, Hearts, Canasta, Bridge, Whisk, and Cribbage.

Most of these games were taught to me by my Great Grandmother at family gatherings. She would love to play these card games with my two brothers and me. She also would play to win, no letting the kids win stuff. Loved her for that, among other reasons.

> TOPIC: Rummy, Gin, Crazy 8s, Old Maid, Fish

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,