Mormons Kissing On The Lips

Mormons Kissing Lips - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 9th May, 2009 - 9:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Kiss On Mormon Date
5th Apr, 2004 - 9:34pm / Post ID: #

What is your view... Before marriage, is kissing on the lips appropriate? If yes, how do you gauge that you are kissing maybe too long or too deeply?

Mormons Kissing On The Lips (Hover)

Sponsored Links:
5th Apr, 2004 - 11:21pm / Post ID: #

Lips The Kissing Mormons

What is your view... before marriage, is kissing on the lips appropriate? If yes, how do you gauge that you are kissing maybe too long or too deeply?

I don't think there is nothing wrong with kissing on the lips before marriage but you need to be careful of not overdo it, how you know if you are? I think you know when you're doing something that doesn't feel totally right, then is the time to stop or run!

6th Apr, 2004 - 2:06am / Post ID: #

Mormons Kissing On The Lips Studies Doctrine Mormon

I don't think I could marry someone I haven't kissed!

Couples have to set boundaries. Hopefully, both know the guidelines the church has presented. Know what the definition of "necking" and "petting" are and just *don't go there*!! The only way to know for sure if your date or potential date knows the "rules" is to discuss it beforehand. (I know, I know, guys hate to talk about stuff like that, but if he thinks he's getting past one date, he better talk about it.)

IMO
Roz

12th Apr, 2004 - 7:34pm / Post ID: #

Lips The Kissing Mormons

I believe lip kissing is acceptable and in fact, I would highly recommend it, before marriage. I think there may be a thin line between acceptable kissing and necking. I am not sure what it is exactly. I need to find out though. Now that I am divorced, and actually considering beginning to date again, I need to know what is acceptable and not. I know what petting is and that this is not acceptable, but at what point does kissing become necking?

12th Apr, 2004 - 8:00pm / Post ID: #

Lips The Kissing Mormons

I would highly recommend it, before marriage.

What makes you say it like that?

I think there may be a thin line between acceptable kissing and necking.

In my mind if you want to do more than kiss, or start thinking more than expressed honest love for the person then it is time to back off. I could share stories here where some of the Brethren have indicated that a kiss in courtship should have the same honor and respect as if you were kissing your mother and therefore nothing will be lost. Others said they did not kiss their future wife on the lips at all. I'm not sure I could be that strict wink.gif

12th Apr, 2004 - 8:08pm / Post ID: #

What makes you say it like that?

I don't know how to exactly put in words what I am thinking, but I think if you are really in love with someone this is one of the ways you express it. Since I don't think there is anything wrong with it, I think it should be expressed.

I can't imagine marrying someone I haven't kissed. I think there needs to be some physical spark. I think kissing helps to recognize that spark. I can be friends with men, and have no desire to kiss them. However, then I think I only view them as "brothers" not as potential spouses.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
13th Apr, 2004 - 4:19am / Post ID: #

Mormons Kissing The Lips

I can't imagine marrying someone I haven't kissed. I think there needs to be some physical spark. I think kissing helps to recognize that spark. I can be friends with men, and have no desire to kiss them. However, then I think I only view them as "brothers" not as potential spouses.

Exactly, I feel the same way you do. You need to feel the romance connection with the other individual, you know, the butterflies you feel in your stomach when you kiss him wink.gif. Of course, you need to know where to draw the line but really, I don't see anything wrong with kissing before marriage.

9th May, 2009 - 9:21pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Kissing The Lips Mormon Doctrine Studies

I've been taught that you should only kiss a person for 5 seconds, before marriage, and of course no French kissing (no tongue). It is also a culture question too, in some cultures, it is okay to kiss a friend a 'good night' kiss, but there are cultures that won't kiss anyone before marriage. My suggestion is to make sure it is okay, to kiss someone, before you kiss.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mormons Kissing On The Lips

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,