Mormons Kissing On The Lips - Page 2 of 2

Name: Manhattangirl Country: Comments: You - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Jul, 2012 - 1:18pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Kiss On Mormon Date
7th Jul, 2009 - 11:07pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Kissing On The Lips - Page 2

Who may I ask 'taught' you that 5 second rule and do you actually count (One one thousand, two one thousand...) while doing the smooch? spock.gif In some cultures knowing its OK makes it all the more worst off spiritually.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 6th Oct, 2009 - 7:57pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Kissing On The Lips
A Friend

Lips The Kissing Mormons

interesting question. If I could go back, I don't think I would kiss before marriage. I don't think I would want to "test-kiss" potential spouses until I find the right one. I think kissing is giving your way to someone, and I think we should limit this to spouses (see also my thoughts in the kissing booth thread in the deep doctrine board). I'm not saying I could, just I should wink.gif

But seriously, women aren't cars. They don't need to be test-driven (my favorite analogy when going out with missionaries and discussing chastity with men...). Neither test-kissed.

I found this interesting analogy, I'm not saying this to prove a point, just to hear your thoughts on it:

international QUOTE
"Imagine finding a spouse is like going to a cafeteria. The cafeteria only serves bread with peanutbutter and honey on it. Although they all have the same ingredients in common, they are mixed different and taste different. Now imagine you have a very specific taste, so you want to pick the right one, because you want to actually like it, and since you only get to get one, you need to pick the perfect one. Now some people in front of you, they look at various breads they like, pick them up, and like the top to see how they ingredients are mixed. You think 'hey that's a great idea! that way I get to find the right one easily, and have fun on the way!' So you go and lick breads like the others, trying and trying. You find some nice ones, but then you try the next, and it's better, so you put the other one back. You do this for a while, until you find this one perfect looking bread. You know you want it, but it was licked before, it has someone on it, it's not pure bread anymore. Would you still want it, even if it wasn't in the perfect condition you wanted it to be? How would you feel about it? Imagine the bread was girls, and the perfect bread was supposed to be your spouse. Would you want her with someone else over herself? Would you want to give yourself to her on your wedding night, knowing you have been 'licked' as well rather than having preserved yourself?"

This story was given in my ward once in relation to premarital kissing. What do you guys think about it?

Reconcile Message Edited...
Persephone: Please look at how we use the Quote Tags here. When you do not use these tags source material that is not your own may appear to be yours when it is not. See our Constructive Posting Policy.

28th Jan, 2010 - 7:18pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Kissing On The Lips Studies Doctrine Mormon

I go to a Young Single Adult Branch, every Branch Conference the Stake President reads CELESTIAL DATING
OR, HOW TO PREPARE FOR LIFE AND REALLY FALL IN LOVE ON THE LORD'S TERMS found here: Source 8
The kissing "rules" is 4-5, it doesn't say 5 seconds, but I think the 5 second rule is based on the 5 second rule about food, that is where you can drop food on the floor, it will still be good for 5 seconds, but after 5 seconds, it becomes bad. Now I know that the 5 second rule for food isn't true, I just think that people used this as a guideline to use to teach young people how long a "good" kiss can be.

31st May, 2010 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Lips The Kissing Mormons

When I was a teenager this was a big issue, it was still something to think about that could affect your spirituality. I do not see such contemplation among today's youth these days. It is no longer whether to kiss or not... Its whether to have sex now or later, whether fondling is OK, french kissing and so forth.

Post Date: 4th Jul, 2012 - 1:18pm / Post ID: #

Lips The Kissing Mormons

Name: Manhattangirl

Comments: You know how many of us in seminary already stole a kiss at some time or the other? I don't get what's the big deal really its not like you are going down on each other, its just a show of affection.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Mormons Kissing On The Lips

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,