Some Things That Are True Are Not Very Useful

Some True Useful - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 4th Jul, 2012 - 6:11am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 28th Jun, 2012 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

Name: Draper

Comments: When I was a Catholic and began to research the history of the Catholic church I saw where they were keeping a lot of things hidden, well not so hidden that you couldn't find it, but you do a little research and you see the Catholic church is false, they just adopted pagan rituals and mixed it in with Christianity to form what they have now. Anyway, my point is that when I became Mormon I thought I was finally joining an open book church but the same thing happened. I began to research a little and discovered many things that the Mormon church doesn't want to talk about. Then from a talk by Boyd K packer I heard the words,

international QUOTE

All truth is useful if its the truth! The truth can only set you free!

Sponsored Links:
3rd Jul, 2012 - 1:35am / Post ID: #

Useful Not True That Some

I agree with Elder Packer. There are some things that are true that are not very useful because it doesn't change the root of that truthfulness. Is it important to know if Joseph Smith drank and smoke? How useful is that information? He was a prophet of God and it ends up right there.

4th Jul, 2012 - 6:11am / Post ID: #

Some Things That Are True Are Not Very Useful Studies Doctrine Mormon

I disagree. It is important to know all the truth because using your example if Joseph Smith drank and smoke it might give us some insight into why there is a word of wisdom. Everything has a preamble to it.

> TOPIC: Some Things That Are True Are Not Very Useful

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,