Paul Oakey Lds Missionary Mauled By Lions

Paul Oakey Lds Missionary Mauled Lions - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 2nd Sep, 2011 - 11:08pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Guatemala
13th Jul, 2011 - 1:36am / Post ID: #

Paul Oakey Lds Missionary Mauled By Lions

All I have to say is that this young man is really lucky to be alive. For the life of me, I cannot comprehend why would anyone (specially a missionary) make such a stupid decision as climbing the walls to take a picture with lions! Are you freaking serious?

international QUOTE
Paul Oakey's Monday visit to a Guatemala zoo with his LDS missionary companions ended in a bloody encounter with two lions.

It was a day free from proselytizing for Oakey and several other missionaries in the rural town of Esquipulas.

Oakey, 20, wanted a picture of himself in front of the lion cage. He scaled a concrete wall in front of the enclosure, not realizing the lions were only about two feet below the wall on the other side.

Two lions stalked stealthily up to the wall. One grabbed Oakey's right leg, pulling him back against the cage, and the other lion grabbed his left arm.

Oakey repeatedly punched the lion with his free arm and gouged at its eye.

But after about a minute, he began to tire, said his father, Alan Oakey.

"He was just wailing on this lion, and he couldn't do anything with the arm that the lion had," Alan Oakey said of his oldest son.

Oakey's missionary companion, Elder Lopez, then scaled the wall and used a long white pole to pry the lion's jaws from around Oakey's arm, his father said. Source 3

Sponsored Links:
13th Jul, 2011 - 1:16pm / Post ID: #

Lions Mauled Missionary Lds Oakey Paul

I couldn't believe the missionary was joking right after this incident. I really hope he fully recovers and learn his lesson. What a stupid thing to do.

13th Jul, 2011 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

Paul Oakey Lds Missionary Mauled By Lions Studies Doctrine Mormon

Why are you guys being so mean towards this missionary? He committed a mistake ok and I'm pretty sure he learned his lesson but give him a break please, he needs it.

17th Jul, 2011 - 3:15am / Post ID: #

The family of this young man is asking for prayers and for a "miracle" but they don't wish to make more statements at this time. I thought he was recovering but it seems like it's more serious than I imagined.

Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2011 - 11:08pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

"Accidents happen. We don't plan them.

They just happen," said the 20-year-old whose humility is visible from across a room. "I wasn't planning on getting attacked by lions. It happened and I'm just going to move on." Ref. Source 5

> TOPIC: Paul Oakey Lds Missionary Mauled By Lions

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,