Wireless Internet - Page 3 of 3

I am using Wireless Internet now through a - Page 3 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 6th Sep, 2007 - 7:56pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
3rd Apr, 2005 - 6:59pm / Post ID: #

Wireless Internet - Page 3

Make sure they are members of the same workgroup. Then, you need to share the drives that you want access to. Then the other PCs can map drives to those shares. You can use unc to initially connect to them.

For example, I have a PC named rivernan. I shared the c drive and called the share C. I can then go to start run and type \\rivernan\c and hit enter. The window for the shared c drive will open and then I can choose to map a drive to it.

On Win 98 PCs you need to add the client to allow sharing of printers and files first.

Sponsored Links:
6th Sep, 2007 - 7:56pm / Post ID: #

Internet Wireless

I am using Wireless Internet now through a PC Card (PCMCIA). I mainly switched because I am not settled and could move at any moment. The length of time it takes to connect phone lines and activate DSL is not reassuring, so wireless suits this well. There are some things I have noticed though.

1. If you are in your home and the doors and windows are closed then the signal is much weaker. Although I can understand that there would be a slight drop in a quality signal I did not expect it to degrade by as much as 90%.

2. I am using the PC Card on my desktop PC, because I do not have a laptop yet, so I bought an adapter to PCI, but I was wondering if there is any loss in speed because of this?

3. The last thing I had questions about was the dbs - how is that measured really. Sometimes it will go to -77 and then other times to -113. Which one is good / bad?

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Wireless Internet

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,