Martial Arts - Page 4 of 4

I would have loved to be pushed into doing - Page 4 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 30th Jul, 2007 - 1:11pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Post Date: 4th Jun, 2006 - 9:04pm / Post ID: #

Martial Arts
A Friend

Martial Arts - Page 4

I do Goju Ryu Karate and I am now a blue belt. On the side I've just started Muay thai Kickboxing. A girl that kicks butt so to speak wink.gif

Sponsored Links:
13th Jul, 2006 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

Arts Martial

I would recommend martial arts for confidence building, especially in children.
My eldest son started doing Judo when he was 3, and won gold and silver medals in the English Junior Judo championships, he was the youngest in Britain at the time to win these.
he then did a couple more years and decided he didn't want to do it any more.
When he was 11, he decided to take it up again to enter and represent our region in the North west championships. He won this, and again decided he'd had enough,and hasn't done it since, but it built up his confidence no end.

I used to do Shotokan Karate when I was a teenager, but haven't done it since, I don't think martial arts are a bad thing as long as you aren't doing it to attack or be aggressive to other people who aren't taking part in the sport.

26th Jul, 2007 - 6:39pm / Post ID: #

Martial Arts Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I did taekwondo for 8 years, then I switched to taijiquan.
Did some Marine Corps combative training where I incorporated a mix of arts similar to self defense as a Trainer.
I used to do wushu competitions for taijiquan and weapons but lacked the acrobatic skills for many of the changquan (Northern) styles that required fancy moves.

Post Date: 30th Jul, 2007 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

Martial Arts
A Friend

Page 4 Arts Martial

I would have loved to be pushed into doing Martial arts as a child, I decided to try Karate for a couple of months, I then lost interest and gave up, Id have loved if my parents had been more reluctant to allow me to quit.

My step daughter does Takwondo, shes got a room full of medals and trophies, She goes all around europe fighting, I really do envy her.

I think martial arts are amazing just for the self discipline, balance and agility it gets you.
Why couldn't I persevere!

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Martial Arts

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,