France

France - Culture, Family, Travel, Consumer Reviews - Posted: 15th May, 2008 - 6:03pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

The land of the Liberty
Post Date: 17th Apr, 2004 - 6:26pm / Post ID: #

France

France has a checkered past being both a conquerer and a prisoner of war, but now it is a leading nation in Europe and a big player in world affairs. Many tourists visit its' capital, Paris... have you been there?

Location: Western Europe, bordering the Bay of Biscay and English Channel, between Belgium and Spain, southeast of the UK; bordering the Mediterranean Sea, between Italy and Spain

Ref. https://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/fr.html

Sponsored Links:
22nd May, 2004 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

France

I would love to go to France some day, I heard great things about the country but I did hear that some French people are very racial towards South-American people, I don't know if this is true but I do hope it is only the minority of them.

3rd May, 2006 - 7:51pm / Post ID: #

France Reviews Consumer & Travel Family Culture

I have been to France several times, and have visited Paris a few times to.
Personally speaking, I cannot stand Paris, and can't understand why it seems to be so hyped up.
There are certainly better, more beautiful places in France to visit.

I know it is a matter of personal choice, but I have travelled a fair distance in France, but still find Calais my favorite of all. The main reason being, it has 3 fantastic traditional markets, great shops and boutiques (although I normally just browse through the boutiques),good food, and a great atmosphere. There is also a nice bit of beach, and several parks and museums. What more can you ask for?

3rd May, 2006 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

France

Honestly I have no inclination to go to France. I realize they have a lot of culture and historical buildings, etc, but their politics and world views have left a bitter taste in my mouth. My wife still wants to see the Eiffel tower and the Louvre. We may take a European trip someday and drive through the area just to say we saw it. That would be the extent of my stay there, if at all.

Post Date: 29th Oct, 2006 - 11:51pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

France

'PARIS SYNDROME' LEAVES TOURISTS IN SHOCK

PARIS: Around a dozen Japanese tourists a year need psychological
treatment after visiting Paris as the reality of unfriendly locals and scruffy streets clashes with their expectations, a newspaper reported.
Ref. https://www.stuff.co.nz/hlc/1,,93498~3838579a34~,00.html

Post Date: 15th May, 2008 - 6:03pm / Post ID: #

France

For more information related to French Life visit the France Index.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: France

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,