Would You Turn A Friend In To The Authorities?

Would Turn Friend Authorities - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 27th Apr, 2004 - 6:15pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 20th Apr, 2004 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Would you turn a friend in?

If you found out a someone was doing something illegal, would you turn them into the authorities? What if it were a friend, or perhaps a family member/love ones?

Would it depend on what they were doing wrong?

Sponsored Links:
20th Apr, 2004 - 10:50pm / Post ID: #

Authorities To Friend Turn Would

In a word, no. I wouldn't turn them in. Now, I know this sounds terrible, but I don't believe it is my job to solve the crime and report it to the police. I wouldn't lie to the police if I were questioned, but I certainly wouldn't volunteer anything either.

Post Date: 20th Apr, 2004 - 11:10pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Would You Turn A Friend In To The Authorities? Health & Special Psychology

I guess to me it depends. If they are getting into a position where they are going to hurt themself or others significantly I would encourage them to get help. It is true that probably on some level anything illegal done has the possibility of causing someone harm. I suggest you address it with the person committing the illegal act first. I'd confront them and see if there's a deeper problem that's causing these illegal acts, and I'd encourage them to get help.

21st Apr, 2004 - 12:49am / Post ID: #

I wouldn't lie to the police if I were questioned, but I certainly wouldn't volunteer anything either.

But in some countries, including the US, you can go to jail for holding important information. Are you willing to take that risk?.

If I know a loved one is doing something really wrong like hurting other people, it would hurt me a lot but I would talk with them and yes, call the authorities. I believe that when you love somebody in the highest sense of the word love, you do the things that are needed for them to see their actions and for you to find peace within yourself. To hold information or keep it as a secret it is not honest in my opinion and doesn't really help anybody, it creates a hell inside of you.

21st Apr, 2004 - 4:00pm / Post ID: #

But in some countries, including the US, you can go to jail for holding important information. Are you willing to take that risk?.

I think I can go to jail for assisting them in the crime or helping them to get away from the crime, but if I "know" they did something, I do not believe I am under any legal obligation to report it.

I wouldn't report it.

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2004 - 4:52pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

It would depend on the crime. For a murder I would. For anything violent I would. But if it was drugs, or even robbery I probably wouldn't.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
27th Apr, 2004 - 5:16pm / Post ID: #

Would Turn Friend To Authorities

In a free country I believe we have a responsibility to uphold laws which are lawful but also to encourage friends to desist from breaking such laws before going to the extreme of reporting.

Countries that are not free usually promote a culture of everyone spying on each other and being informants for the government. Here, it is considered wrong to do anything against the government at all, legal or illegal, lawful or unlawful.

Let's not be communists, but let's also be respectful of just laws.

We should remember that government is our servant, not our master. It has less powers than the individual though it may usurp an pretend it has more.

Dubhdara.

p.s. Some definitions:

illegal: that which violates man-made laws. Governments are usually the biggest violator of their own laws.

unlawful: that which violates natural law, or that law upon which just man-made laws should be based. Governments are notorious for violating these!

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2004 - 6:15pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Would Turn Friend To Authorities Psychology Special & Health

In my misunderstood culture its always good to direct your friend to the right path I think if my friend was involved in serous crime such as robbery,murder I would tell on him, anyway if my so called friend does something serious I would tell on him and I wont even be friends with him because he will get you involved if your not careful, and hell with him if he is such a nasty person why would I be his friend anyway, how ever I wouldn't tell on him for like breaking a cars window or getting into a fight.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Would You Turn A Friend In To The Authorities?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,