I Like Gw Bush

I Gw Bush - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 8th Feb, 2008 - 11:48pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

7th May, 2004 - 6:01pm / Post ID: #

I Like Gw Bush

There is a thread here with lots of bad things about President Bush. I thought I would start this one as a place for some good things about him.

RWN, a self-proclaimed conservative website, posted links and information on several stories that show the very human side of GWB. I had already read some of them.

Here is one of them.

Lynn Faulkner, his daughter, Ashley, and their neighbor, Linda Prince, eagerly waited to shake the president's hand Tuesday at the Golden Lamb Inn. He worked the line at a steady campaign pace, smiling, nodding and signing autographs until Prince spoke:

"This girl lost her mom in the World Trade Center on 9-11."

Bush stopped and turned back.

"He changed from being the leader of the free world to being a father, a husband and a man," Faulkner said. "He looked right at her and said, 'How are you doing?' He reached out with his hand and pulled her into his chest."

And another. I had read this one some time ago, and kind of ignored it, as it really sounds like an urban legend, and was dismissed as one. But, snopes says it is true.
[quote]Anyway, the three kids and I were in the very front row, and had an extraordinary experience with President Bush. Bush came along and shook Chris's hand first, noticing that he was all dressed up, and said, "You're looking sharp today, boy!" Chris was SO PROUD and SO PLEASED at the recognition (if only GW had known what a struggle I'd had to get him to wear a jacket and a tie!). Then he shook my hand and I told him how much we value his strong leadership at this time, that we are 100% behind him. He went on and took the girls' hands and talked to them.

Then I leaned over and mentioned that we pray for him every day. He stopped dead in his tracks (a definite security NO-NO . . . the SS men got REALLY antsy). He searched my eyes as if to see how much I really meant what I was saying. Then he gave me the most amazing and unexpected personal response, Paul said for a good 20-30 seconds....[/url]

I do believe that he is a good man. I disagree with some of what he does and has done. But I really believe that he is trying, and is doing a pretty good job, overall.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

Sponsored Links:
7th May, 2004 - 6:21pm / Post ID: #

Bush Gw I

Great stories Nighthawk, actually it's amazing because I was thinking about this last night when I was watching the news and I saw him with the King of Jordan, I was smiling at how he (Pres. Bush) is always touching his guests...have you ever noticed that? laugh.gif:-->laugh.gif he is always putting his hand on their shoulders while the others remain still. Actually I don't see it as something wrong but all the opposite, it is a sign of humanity and a sign that he seems relaxed and carefree. He is definetly not a British-type wink.gif. In few words, I think he is pretty much like the neighbour in your opposite street. Yes, I do disagree with a LOT of things he does, but I don't personally dislike him.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

17th Oct, 2004 - 3:46am / Post ID: #

I Like Gw Bush History & Civil Business Politics

The folks on the Left, as well as people from all over the word, have a hard time understanding why George W. Bush, scion of a wealthy, almost aristocratic family, is so well liked by the people of the US. Here is a great synopsis, not only about why the "common" people of the US like him so much, but also of what and who the "common" people are.

The Secret Weapon
https://varifrank.com/archives/2004/10/the_secret_weap.php

The Secret Weapon of George W. Bush is that he has successfully made himself into being seen as one of us. We see a man who on September 11th had one thing that FDR did not have, a video camera in his face looking for any sign of human weakness. What that camera captured was a man who reacted calmly and effectively in the face of an unspeakable horror. In that few minutes in Florida, he had no way of knowing that this was just a couple of aircraft or that there werent 100 more on their way to hit every major city. He had no way of knowing if it was being done in concert with Chinese Nuclear submarines just off the coast, ready to launch missles to decapitate his government and this great nation. None of us knew. A certain porcine filmmaker wants to make that moment into a moment of ridicule and derision, but what I see when I see that moment is a man, one of us, faced with a nation suddenly gone from peace to war in the blink of an eye, with an unknown and possibly very powerful enemy, looking back at an audience of children who until a moment before had all thought that all that would happen on that day is they would get to tell their parents they sat with the president at school. Instead, for the rest of their lives they will tell their families for generations to come that they were in the very room where the President was told that "We are at War".

This has to be the best explanation about our attitudes that I have ever seen.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 854 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 85.4%

8th Feb, 2008 - 11:48pm / Post ID: #

Bush Gw I

I was looking at some pictures of Pres. Bush comforting the tornado victims in the US. He was given them these huge bear hugs and the people just hanging on him like a father. This is something I DO like about him, he is very natural and sometimes does things like "normal" people would do without thinking on his presidential position too much. Even though I hate most of his politics, it was nice to see those pics.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

> TOPIC: I Like Gw Bush

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,