Will You Date A Non-member? - Page 3 of 3

Jen, good for you! When I was single - Page 3 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 15th Sep, 2007 - 3:54pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
THE BIG IF: In a recent online poll, [another website] asked singles to weigh in with their thoughts about whether religion is a dating dealbreaker. The question was, "Would you date someone who practices a religion different from your own?" Here's what more than 4700 respondents had to say in response...
20th Dec, 2006 - 9:10pm / Post ID: #

Will You Date A Non-member? - Page 3

Others who do not join the Church are still kind, considerate, and cooperative, and permit the member spouse to worship and serve according to the Church pattern. God bless them also!

This is close to describing me, but not completely. My husband, who is a non-member, is very supportive of my activity in the church, but there are a lot of challenges. I dated, then married, him at a time when I was inactive in the Church. I knew him very well. We were close friends and co-workers for five years before we even started dating. I knew he would be tolerant of my religion, and even at that time of inactivity that was important to me. I didn't realize how difficult it would be, however, once I returned to activity in the Church. It works for us, because of who we are individually and together, but I would never recommend it. We both make compromises and for people, especially women, who feel that they must be "together" in all things, it would never work. In many ways we live our own lives, because I am very active in my ward. He will not attend any Church function except on those rare occasions when I feel I must "guilt" him into it.
I thought my second husband had a strong testimony, but discovered that he didn't.

It's sad that there are many deceptive men who pretend to have a testimony, but I have no doubt that it is true. I have seen many examples of this. In fact my own father was one. I think most have good intentions, they are joining the Church and marrying in the Temple to make their wives happy, and then plan on getting on with married life. The hitch? The gospel is true! Imagine it, not expected and not what they bargained for. I don't mean to pick on the men, maybe a womans pretended testimony is not as apparent but I'm sure that this also occurs, I just haven't seen it. The adversary is sure to have a heyday with this scenario. That is why I am just as happy my husband doesn't have pretending a testimony in him. When he joins, he will do it for him and not me.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 27th Mar, 2007 - 1:33am / Post ID: #

Will You Date A Non-member?
A Friend

Non-member Date Will

When I got active in the church I swore that I would never date a non-member. But recent events have started to persuade me to think other-wise. I can't find a good LDS woman who I want to be with, without something bad happening.

Maybe I'll become a monk. laugh.gif

15th Sep, 2007 - 2:57pm / Post ID: #

Will You Date A Non-member? Studies Doctrine Mormon

I've tried that and it did not work out at all so I promised myself not to do it again. Really all the explaining is too much to start with.

15th Sep, 2007 - 3:54pm / Post ID: #

Page 3 Non-member Date Will

Jen, good for you! When I was single I dated a couple of non-members but I find that in a moment things just do not work out. I mean, if your goal is to be married in the Temple for all time and eternity, I think the best shot should be to date someone in the Church, it does NOT assure you of anything eh BUT at least give you a more stable possibility.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Will You Date A Non-member?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,