Best Commercial Bank In Trinidad & Tobago? - Page 2 of 3

If you are looking for a good bank where you - Page 2 - Trinidad, Tobago / Caribbean - Posted: 14th Sep, 2012 - 4:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 

?
Poll: Which is the Best Commercial Bank in T&T?
  Republic       63.64%
  Scotia       9.09%
  Intercommercial       0.00%
  First Citizens       18.18%
  RBTT       9.09%
Total Votes: 11
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
No, Credit Unions are not counted
28th Sep, 2008 - 1:24am / Post ID: #

Best Commercial Bank In Trinidad & Tobago? - Page 2

Generally I like Scotia, I don't have any problems when I go in there.

Sponsored Links:
29th Sep, 2008 - 4:28am / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Bank Commercial Best

I have been with FCB (since they were NCB) for quite a while now. I have other accounts with RBTT (since they were Royal Bank) and I also have a Republic Account. I have had my share of grief with FCB but things are improving some what but I must say banking in Trinidad is quite depressing. Online banking has helped a bit but there are still a lot of things in which you must face the lines, which on payday Friday is literally hell on earth. I can't say for Scotia (are there any other banks here? I can't think of any right now) so I don't know how their service is on a regular basis, though I have cashed a few cheques (is that the correct spelling?) there on 'off' days so it was not too bad then.

Reconcile Edited: lordryoko on 29th Sep, 2008 - 4:31am

Post Date: 15th Jun, 2009 - 8:49pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Best Commercial Bank In Trinidad & Tobago? Caribbean / Tobago & Trinidad

FCIB grows in first half

For the six months ended April 30, 2009, FirstCaribbean International Bank Limited (FCIB) produced a diluted EPS of US$0.055 or TT$0.347. This represented a 12.2 per cent increase over the $0.049 or TT$0.309 reported for the first six months of 2008. The directors have approved an interim dividend of US$0.03 per share to be paid on June 30, 2009 to shareholders on record as at June 10. The first quarter of the prior year included a US$7.8M loss on the disposal of VISA Inc. Shares held by the Group. Excluding this non-recurring event, EPS would have been up approximately four per cent year on year. Ref. Source 7

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2009 - 8:27pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Tobago and Trinidad Bank Commercial Best

Name: TOM

Comments: Anyone knows what TT bank has the best online banking website? I want to be able to send money to foreign banks online with my laptop and Iban code. Is there any bank that can do that here ?

Post Date: 27th Apr, 2011 - 3:41pm / Post ID: #

Tobago and Trinidad Bank Commercial Best

Name: Jean

Comments: I really [don't know], as far as I know they all are quite bad.
Worst thing is there is never a 'business desk'.
Even if there is a sign hanging saying ( express services ) it is a total lie and you need to wait for hours between the private (new mortgage & new account) customers. At least that is my experience at First Citizen.

Post Date: 12th May, 2011 - 12:02am / Post ID: #

Best Commercial Bank In Trinidad & Tobago?

Name: Keith

Comments: My banking experience in Trinidad has been really bad, I walked in and out of First citizens (they were recommended as an option to CMMB) it was extremely crowded, the associate was overwhelmed and could not estimate the wait time (other customers were waiting for about an hour already), so we left with money in hand!
I had a BAD experience also with Republic (Tunapuna east branch), My bank at home suggested using this bank for foreign exchange directly from my acct and was told to give the teller my card for withdrawals (to avoid atm & forex fees), I did that and the teller left the counter, then came back saying it could not be done because the supervisor stated that my card looked "shady" ( the hologram logo for visa had scratches....from ATM uses) so I said ok no problem, I called my home bank and informed them and they told me that the money I requested was removed from the acct. I arranged for all my atm/forex fees be waived after this experience.
When I returned home I visited my branch and spoke to the manager, he said that Republic bank continues to say that I requested and received $2000TTD ($333usd), I told him that I didn't and that I expect this sum to be returned to my acct or I could not continue business with Bank of America, as I will no longer feel like a trusted customer.
Bank of America ate the lost, I'm still a customer there and a shareholder, I will NEVER do business with Republic Bank (especially Tunapuna East branch).

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 19th Jul, 2012 - 7:58pm / Post ID: #

Best Commercial Bank Trinidad & Tobago - Page 2

Name: Kevin

Title: Scotia bank Sucks

Comments: Having accounts at both Republic Bank and Scotia bank and having experienced their services I can safely say that Republic is by far the better bank. Scotia bank service sucks! You can enter the queue with just four people ahead of you and wait almost an hour to get service. Their staff is highly incompetent as well. I was utterly amazed when I asked the teller to cash my travellers cheques in US dollars and she gave me TT. When I expressed my concern she told me it was already approved and if I was to cancel the transaction the cheques would become void and I would lose my money. I thought I should be compensated the difference according to their conversion rates but the manager was even more unprofessional when dealing with the matter.
Never had a problem with Republic Bank.

Post Date: 14th Sep, 2012 - 4:51am / Post ID: #

Best Commercial Bank In Trinidad & Tobago?
A Friend

Best Commercial Bank Trinidad & Tobago Trinidad & Tobago / Caribbean - Page 2

If you are looking for a good bank where you can receive your salary in a timely fashion then RBC is the best way to go.

If you are looking for a good bank in which you can quickly cash a foreign cheque then Republic Bank is the best way to go but I am referring to the fact of you being a local citizen of course though there is still a time period to wait but not as great as with the other banks which have longer time periods I must say.

If you are looking for a bank that has great service every individual will have their own story both good and bad.

As the saying goes "To each his own" undecided.gif

Reconcile Edited: IToldYou on 14th Sep, 2012 - 4:51am

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Best Commercial Bank In Trinidad & Tobago?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,