Learn Chinese

Learn Chinese - Sciences, Education, Art, Writing, UFO - Posted: 4th Mar, 2006 - 12:00pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 18th May, 2004 - 11:20am / Post ID: #

Learn Chinese

A bit of humor for the Language Board, but if you have actually studied Chinese do tell us about it, especially if it is similar to japanese.

Are you harboring a fugitive - Hu Yu Hai Ding
See me A.S.A.P. - Kum Hia Nao
Small Horse - Tai Ni Po Ni
Your price is too high - No Bai Dam Ting
Did you go to the beach - Wai Yu So Tan?
I bumped into a coffee table - Ai Bang Mai Ni
I think you need a facelift - Chin Tu Fat
It's very dark in here - Wai So Dim?
Has your flight been delayed? - Hao Long Wei Ting?
That was an unauthorized execution.- Lin Ching
I thought you were on a diet - Wai Yu Mun Ching?
This is a tow away zone. - No Pah King
You are not very bright - Yu So Dum
I got this for free - Ai No Pei
I am not guilty - Wai Hang Mi?
Please, stay a while longer - Wai Go Nao?
They have arrived - Hia Dei Kum
Stay out of sight - Lei Lo
He's cleaning his automobile - Wa Shing Ka
Does this bathroom stink! Hu Flung Dung?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th Jun, 2004 - 4:34pm / Post ID: #

Learn Chinese
A Friend

Chinese Learn

Latina!!

You are one mean gal. I laugh so hard until my belly ache! At first I really thought those were romanised version of the Chinese language ....... until I started reading out loud. It looked like Chinese but ......... you guys got to try it out yourself. It is really hilarious.

I am surprised not many people are responding to latina's post. Perhaps they are conned by it thinking that it s real Chinese translation.

.................. Ha Ha !.......... I am still laughing.

8th Jun, 2004 - 12:32am / Post ID: #

Learn Chinese UFO & Writing Art Education Sciences

Fireduck, I believe it was put there to inspire users to talk about the prospects of learning Chinese, but it is good that you got a kick out of it wink.gif As far as learning the language I have no desire. My companion and I did try to teach a Chinese doctor once in Bangor, Wales - he taught some words of which I only remember a few.

Post Date: 9th Jun, 2004 - 2:58am / Post ID: #

Learn Chinese
A Friend

Chinese Learn

JB, that was to inspire someone to learn the Chinese language? No, it's just a joke. It's not Chinese but English spelt to look like Chinese. Read it out loud.

Chinese can be a pretty tough language ...... and they use very flowery words to describe things, sometimes get to be a bit difficult to understand.

Post Date: 15th Nov, 2005 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Learn Chinese
A Friend

Chinese Learn

''fat'' ''dim'' and ''kum'' Is not chinese word. ^_^;; It is Cantonese.
I must regret to say Chinese is actually so simple like this. ^^;

Reconcile Edited: IriChan on 15th Nov, 2005 - 7:38pm

15th Nov, 2005 - 8:13pm / Post ID: #

Learn Chinese

IriChan, how does one know the difference between Mandarin (Chinese) and Cantonese? I can tell the difference between Japanese and Chinese because of the way the words are sounded, but in the other case not.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 15th Nov, 2005 - 8:21pm / Post ID: #

Learn Chinese
A Friend

Learn Chinese

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 15-Nov 05, 3:03 PM)
IriChan, how does one know the difference between Mandarin (Chinese) and Cantonese? I can tell the difference between Japanese and Chinese because of the way the words are sounded, but in the other case not.

If you live in China for a long time, and have been by Hong Kong, it is very simple to tell some difference between Cantonese and Mandarin.
Mandarin word have sharper sound, like ''jing'' or ''xia'' ''quan'' ''qiu''. Cantonese word are more glutteral, ''lei'' ''mou'' ''fat'' ''yeung'' ''kum''.
They sound more like men down in Hong Kong. ^^;

Post Date: 4th Mar, 2006 - 12:00pm / Post ID: #

Learn Chinese
A Friend

Learn Chinese Sciences Education Art Writing & UFO

QUOTE (JB@Trinidad @ 15-Nov 05, 3:13 PM)

you can't tell them apart by words, only by sound.
BUT... there's another way. Sometimes when cantonese people get lazy, they tend to write in canto. Writing in proper chinese in considered: formal. But inserting cantonese sound words into the writing is informal and colloquial. Thing is, you wouldn't see canto writings normally, probably in letters and on the net, but usually not in chinese books and newspapers. um, might find some in those iffy magazines. You just have to know which canto words to look for.

Reconcile Edited: Blewin on 4th Mar, 2006 - 12:01pm

> TOPIC: Learn Chinese

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,