[movie] Shrek

[movie] Shrek - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 10th Jun, 2004 - 10:46am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Another animated monster movie with a twist?
Post Date: 19th May, 2004 - 1:14pm / Post ID: #

[movie] Shrek

How do you rate this movie? A computer animation about an unusual creature and a beautiful princess set in Medieval times. It is a mixture of comedy and technology with voice overs including Eddie Murphy. What is unusual is the modernday music used in its' production.

Sponsored Links:
20th May, 2004 - 9:14pm / Post ID: #

Shrek movie

I saw the movie, I didn't like it. I don't know why everybody was crazy about him, I personally find it to be a pretty weird movie for children not to mention that the creature doesn't look very appealing. sad.gif

21st May, 2004 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

[movie] Shrek Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I loved this movie! I thought it was great. I also liked how in the end we find out the Ogre find the woman most beautiful as an Ogre herself not as the beautiful princess. I think it teaches a few things. First, beauty is only skin deep. Second, we shouldn't be so hard on ourselves because we don't always know how others will see us.

Of course, it also shows people are most comfortable with others just like them. That may not be such a good thing, but I don't think that is an intended message.

23rd May, 2004 - 12:27pm / Post ID: #

Shrek movie

We mostly liked Shrek -- but there were some instances of "adult" humor in the movie that were completely unnecessary. It's not really for very young kids.

Now there is Shrek 2, and there is such a media blitz, I'm sure the movie will be disappointing. Shrek yogurt (called Og-urt), Cheetos that will turn your tongue Ogre green (eewwwww), etc etc. Now that we have TV in the house, we are bombarded with this stuff.

23rd May, 2004 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

Shrek movie

but there were some instances of "adult" humor in the movie that were completely unnecessary.

Disney does this all the time (I forget if Shrek is a Disney movie or not). Generally, there will be a double meaning. So, the kids find a particular line funny because of the actual obvious thing happen like when a frog falls down the front of the witch. The frog used to be a prince. Anyway, the kids laugh at the frog making funny faces because he gets stuck in her bosum. The adults laugh because we know he is really a prince not a frog. This was a scene from a Disney animated movie I saw one when my son was a child. I think it was called The Black Caldron.

I have had an e-conversation with someone who went to see Shrek 2. He said it was a great movie and that he recommends it.

23rd May, 2004 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

[movie] Shrek

Disney does this all the time
I know, and it's really annoying to me. I'm sure they do it so that adults will have fun watching the movie with their kids, but I think it's wrong to have double entendre within a children's movie. Why should my 6 year old have anything to do with sexual connotations?? It makes me ill. But this is another topic...

I'm sure Shrek 2 will be a big success -- I'm just expecting to be let down after all this marketing push.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
23rd May, 2004 - 6:23pm / Post ID: #

[movie] Shrek

Now there is Shrek 2, and there is such a media blitz, I'm sure the movie will be disappointing. Shrek yogurt (called Og-urt), Cheetos that will turn your tongue Ogre green (eewwwww), etc etc. Now that we have TV in the house, we are bombarded with this stuff.

Yuck! what kind of humour is that? turning tongues into Ogree green? sickening...laugh.gif

10th Jun, 2004 - 10:46am / Post ID: #

[movie] Shrek Movies Music Fashion & Sports

I saw Shrek 2 last night. It was pretty good. I really enjoyed it. Yes, it has a lot of adult humor to make it appealing to adults. However, none of it, in my opinion, is such that it is not appropriate for young children.

I think this is truly a great movie for all ages to see together.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: [movie] Shrek

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,