Landlord Suing Me

Landlord Suing Me - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 20th Nov, 2011 - 1:42am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 26th Jul, 2008 - 5:18pm / Post ID: #

Landlord Suing Me

Landlord Suing Me

Does the landlord have the right to sue me if I brake the lease and move out early?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 26th Jul, 2008 - 5:34pm / Post ID: #

Landlord Suing Me
A Friend

Me Suing Landlord

Yes they do. You signed a lease stating you will be there for a set amount of time. HE is able to sue you to make you give him the full amount of rents he would have collected had you stayed in your lease.

One of the things to look for is a early out clause in your lease agreement. Talk to the landlord before you sign so you will know how you can break the lease and not be sued for it.

29th Jul, 2008 - 1:03am / Post ID: #

Landlord Suing Me History & Civil Business Politics

A lease is a legally binding contract and either party may sue the other if the terms of the contract are violated. If there are conditions under which the contract becomes void it will be spelled out in the paperwork. Another reason why it is important to "read the fine print" prior to signing any legally binding agreement.

That said, most landlords will allow a tenant out of a lease if enough advance notice is given and they are assured no problem in re-renting the property.

International Level: Activist / Political Participation: 32 ActivistPoliticianActivist 3.2%

31st May, 2009 - 3:47am / Post ID: #

Me Suing Landlord

Yes, of course but unless the landlord really does not like you he will do that otherwise there should be some sort of agreement to not end up in court.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 1089 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

20th Nov, 2011 - 1:42am / Post ID: #

Me Suing Landlord

Will a landlord really do something like this if you let him know you're leaving? The cost of litigation can hardly seem to be worth it especially if he keeps your deposit.

International Level: Junior Politician / Political Participation: 71 ActivistPoliticianJunior Politician 7.1%

> TOPIC: Landlord Suing Me

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,