Baptism For The Mentally Disabled - Page 2 of 2

This is a very emotional topic for me. My - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 3rd Aug, 2006 - 9:20pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 3rd Aug, 2006 - 9:20pm / Post ID: #

Baptism For The Mentally Disabled
A Friend

Baptism For The Mentally Disabled - Page 2

smile.gif This is a very emotional topic for me. My eldest is moderately intellectually disabled. He was baptized at age 8 , he is soon to be ten. I did not receive the official diagnosis until after baptism. I alway knew there was a problem with his ability to appreciate some of the consequences to his choices. As a parent I influence a relationship with his Father in Heaven as I possibly can, to hopefully give him some basic keys to depend on especially prayer. I have spoken to my stake president about my ovious concerns of accountability and my son. I don't think he really grasped what it was I was trying to get to. He has never met my son, so I can understand . I have had to be very mindful each day about my son and that position he is in. I just know that God knows all things. I can only do for my son what I feel I am prompted to do. Next is the Aaronic Priesthood. My son is aware enough to know what his peers are doing, at least in as far as moving forward in something, but he lacks the judgement skills to often judge wisely. I am also aware that with each movement of accountability or ordiance, men who do not see or know of his intellectual disability will judge him greater believing him to be just like one of the other boy's . In my blessing it tell me , that" my children would return with clear records when the time comes." I still haven't come to understand wether they will repent or will it be because they are innocent? My instinct is that they are innocent. Especially considering that 3 out of 5 of my boy's have an intellectual disability, not by any fault of my own. Dr. error, in a non accountable Canadian health care system.

Sponsored Links:
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Baptism For The Mentally Disabled

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,