Japanese Allied Soldiers World War 2

Japanese Allied Soldiers World War 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 18th Jan, 2012 - 2:35am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Post Date: 2nd Jan, 2012 - 12:05am / Post ID: #

World War Two Related

Name: Marco

Comments: Someone commented in a class I'm in that he read somewhere that Japanese Americans fought for the Allies during world war two and I'm wondering f that is true?

Sponsored Links:
18th Jan, 2012 - 2:35am / Post ID: #

War World Soldiers Allied Japanese

international QUOTE
The 442nd Regimental Combat Team (Japanese: 第442連隊戦闘団) of the United States Army, was composed of Japanese-American enlisted men and mostly Caucasian officers. They fought primarily in Europe during World War II, beginning in 1944.[2] The families of many of its soldiers were subject to internment. The 442nd was a self-sufficient force, and fought with uncommon distinction in Italy, southern France, and Germany. The unit became the most highly-decorated regiment in the history of the United States Armed Forces, including 21 Medal of Honor recipients. The motto of the 442nd Regimental Combat Team was "Go for Broke."

Wikipedia

Source 1

Yes, there were Japanese Americans that fought in the war. However, these are not actual Japanese nationals. I am not sure if that is what you are asking...

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

> TOPIC: Japanese Allied Soldiers World War 2

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,