Eternal Life & Immortality - Page 2 of 2

"The riches of this world are as dust - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 25th May, 2014 - 6:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
What is the difference between the two and does Eternal Life mean to live with God?
10th Jun, 2004 - 2:22pm / Post ID: #

Eternal Life & Immortality - Page 2

The scripture you quoted does a very good job of separating the two, but I still have trouble with it. I don't know why, but for some reason I am resisting the definition. I can't explain it. I am just uncomfortable with the definition. To me, immortal would mean you can't die not that you would live again after death. However, I agree that the scripture you posted suggests something different. I just can't explain how I feel. I do mean "feel" not "believe." For some reason, I am uneasy or uncomfortable with the given definitions.

Sponsored Links:
10th Jun, 2004 - 2:43pm / Post ID: #

Immortality and Life Eternal

Just my perspective of your (Tena) not wanting to accept it... I mentioned earlier that everything is eternal, but I am not sure if you noticed that, in other words, there is nothing mortal BUT the earthly body, we are in fact immortal being already since our spirit will NEVER die. To concern ourselves with things being eternal is like saying the sun will rise tomorrow - it is a given. The only reason immortality is emphasized to me is to show that the body we will be given in the next life will be IMMORTAL - the reason for this is we are made to understand that the spirit sees life without a body 'like a prison'.

Now, I think we are going way off course with what this superb thread is really about - Calling an Election Sure - so I will move this particular discussion to its own thread and put it in the regular LDS Deep board since this part of it is not deep.

16th Apr, 2014 - 8:36pm / Post ID: #

Eternal Life & Immortality Studies Doctrine Mormon

What is the difference between the two? The way I understand it is that Immortality is a gift given to all while Eternal Life is Exaltation and reserved to few. wink.gif

17th Apr, 2014 - 3:12am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Immortality and Life Eternal

Exactly, Mortality comes to every person that was born on earth, while Eternal Life is reserved for those who inherit the Highest degree of the Celestial Kingdom.

Post Date: 23rd May, 2014 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Immortality and Life Eternal

"And it might well be added that every investigator of revealed truth stands, at some time in the course of his search, in the place where Joseph Smith stood. He must turn to the Mighty and gain wisdom from God by revelation if he is to gain a place on that strait and narrow path which leads to eternal life."

(McConkie, DNTC, 3:246-47.)

Post Date: 25th May, 2014 - 6:42pm / Post ID: #

Eternal Life & Immortality

"The riches of this world are as dust compared to the riches that await the faithful in the mansions of our Heavenly Father. How foolish is he who spends his days in the pursuit of things that rust and fade away. How wise is he who spends his days in the pursuit of eternal life."

( "Earthly Debts, Heavenly Debts," Ensign, May 2004, 43)

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Eternal Life & Immortality

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,