Vista Annoyances

Vista Annoyances - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 16th Nov, 2008 - 7:37pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
This is not the same as the Vista general Thread which is a review for those wondering if to use Vista, this Thread caters for those who already use Vista and have become annoyed with certain difficulties that were not present in XP.
24th Sep, 2007 - 1:45pm / Post ID: #

Vista Annoyances

Vista Annoyances

NOTE: This is not the same as the Vista general Thread which is a review for those wondering if to use Vista, this Thread caters for those who already use Vista and have become annoyed with certain difficulties that were not present in XP.

Since using Vista I have found a lot of simple things are difficult to do that were relatively routine in XP, so I will attempt to make a list of solutions here. Feel free to contribute your 'fixes' here as well.

Ensure you state which version of Vista you are using since there are many.

Here is a start:

"Windows needs your permission to continue." Oh really? So going into the Control Panel and double clicking an icon wasn't enough of a confirmation? For those who are not sure what I am talking about, chances are great that you've never touched Vista before. When the time comes that you need to change some form of configuration, you will get a prompt asking you if it's ok to continue. It's highly annoying but in all fairness, this nag -can- be disabled on a per user basis.

Sponsored Links:
24th Sep, 2007 - 7:49pm / Post ID: #

Annoyances Vista

Here is another annoyance - remember how in XP you could have an animated icon in the system tray to show activity from the net and network, well this does not exist in Vista! What is more is the icon they do provide does have an option to animate it by right clicking on it and choosing the animation option BUT it is an icon for everything (local and internet network) plus it shows not bit rate! I have not found a solution for this yet.

2nd Oct, 2007 - 8:47pm / Post ID: #

Vista Annoyances Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Another BIG annoyance is that a lot of the programs that worked on XP do not work on Vista. Added to that, retailers of the software want you to upgrade to newer versions where they cater for Vista - the catch: you need to pay to upgrade.

Post Date: 6th Dec, 2007 - 10:44am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Annoyances Vista

'Kill switch' dropped from Vista

Microsoft withdraws an anti-piracy tool which disables Vista when invoked, following customer complaints.
Ref. https://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7126902.stm

20th May, 2008 - 3:12pm / Post ID: #

Annoyances Vista

Just about everything is annoying using Vista. I've resorted to making my laptop dual boot so I can still use XP. Just waiting on Vista to load or do something significant will drain your entire battery!

20th May, 2008 - 3:28pm / Post ID: #

Vista Annoyances

This is good to know perhaps a mac is the way to go then. Been looking about to replace my computer and this is bad news to me. How does it work in a window in Mac?

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
19th Oct, 2008 - 1:19pm / Post ID: #

Vista Annoyances

Software incompatibility is probably the biggest annoyance with Vista. Each update does not solve anything either, just makes it more complicated.

16th Nov, 2008 - 7:37pm / Post ID: #

Vista Annoyances Computer Issues & Video Gaming

Ok sorry for the late reply but for those who are annoyed by that User Account Control pop up there is a way to disable it. I must say here that I do not recommend disabling UAC but I know most people are annoyed by it so here goes. Oh and I am not taking credit for this, this is someone else's 'find'. Hope this is helpful.

Turn Off UAC Completely: To turn off UAC completely, which disables all prompting, the Secure Desktop Mode, and all UAC-associated security benefits, go to Control Panel>User Accounts and click the 'Turn User Account Control on or off' link. On the next screen, untick the 'Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer' box and click OK. Reboot and UAC will no longer be active. This is not recommended at all but is the quickest and easiest way to disable UAC prompts and associated behavior, returning you to the same level of security in XP.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Vista Annoyances

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,