Haley Joel Osment

Haley Joel Osment - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 23rd Dec, 2015 - 9:29pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Trevor the inventor of 'pay it forward'
24th Jun, 2004 - 5:44pm / Post ID: #

Haley Joel Osment

This board will be dedicated to discussing this remarkable, in my opinion, young man.

international QUOTE
Biography Haley Joel Osment

Haley Joel Osment began his career at age five with a featured appearance in a TV commercial for Pizza Hut. With his blond hair, expressive blue eyes and moon face, this juvenile player soon landed his first screen role as Forest Junior in the Oscar-winning "Forest Gump" (1994). Osment segued to TV series, playing the adorable grandson of a gruff Edward Asner in the short-lived ABC sitcom "Thunder Alley" (1994-95) followed by a two-year stint as Jeff Foxworthy's son in "The Jeff Foxworthy Show" (ABC, 1995-96; NBC, 1996-97). The busy young actor continued to land guest roles including a recurring stint as Candice Bergen's son Avery Brown on the CBS sitcom "Murphy Brown" in it final season and memorable turns as a boy genius on "The Pretender" in 1998 and a cancer-stricken boy determined to sue God on a moving episode of "Ally McBeal" in 1999. Additionally, Osment appeared in TV-movies more than holding his own acting alongside such veterans as Tom Selleck ("Last Stand at Saber River", TNT 1997), Christopher Lloyd ("The Ransom of Red Chief", ABC, 1998) and Maureen O'Hara ("Cab to Canada", CBS 1998).

Osment proved he was more than a cute sitcom actor in "Bogus" (1996), playing a newly orphaned boy who communicates with the titular imaginary character (Gerard Depardieu). In a role that could have devolved into cloying cuteness, he kept it real and believable, proving an effective scene partner for both Depardieu and Whoopi Goldberg (As his new guardian). Osment went on to deliver a sterling turn as a troubled youngster who seemingly possesses psychic abilities in the thriller "The Sixth Sense" (1999). Even those critics who had problems with the film praised the youngster's performance and he was rewarded with an Oscar nomination as Best Supporting Actor.

Osment's young career blew up after his stellar perfromance in "Sixth Sense" and he immediately took leading roles in the 2000's "Pay it Forward" and 2001's "Artificial Intelligence: AI." Both lofty projects fell way short of expectations, but Osment continued to receive positive reviews for his acting ability. He also made a departure from the blockbuster scene with the dramatic WWII film "Edges of the Lord" (2001), playing a young Jewish boy who hides from the Nazis with a group of priests. While the film has not yet been released in the U.S., it has been well received by international audiences and hailed as a triumph for the young actor.

https://www.haleyosment.com/biography_haley_joel_osment.htm

Sponsored Links:
24th Jun, 2004 - 5:48pm / Post ID: #

Osment Joel Haley

The first thing I recall seeing him in was "Sixth Sense." I loved that movie and he had a major role. However, I really wasn't convinced of his incredible acting ability until I saw him in "Pay it Forward."

"Sixth Sense" was no fluke - This kid can act! In "Sixth Sense,
" he spoke almost all the time in a whisper. I wasn't sure if he was really a good actor or not even though I enjoyed the movie. Then he did "Pay if Forward." He did an excellent job in that movie and so I knew he was unusual. Many child stars are just "in the right place at the right time" or have parents with connections. Haley was very young in both of these movies, yet it was clear he had talent.

17th May, 2005 - 4:08pm / Post ID: #

Haley Joel Osment Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Agreed - he knows what he is doing. With regards to his role in this movie I would like to discuss his possible choices. For a start we see an ordinary kid with problems that are specific, but not unusual for the times we live in. Then comes a teacher into his life that gives him an idea. I believe the teacher (Kevin Spacey as Eugene Simonet) for a brief moment fulfills the role of fatherhood, but in an unusual twist also becomes the boy's project. The concept of the teacher is discussed in another thread with the actor's name, but he is worth mentioning here simply because the idea was inspired by him and blossomed through the boy. Now as the boy grows he in the end becomes the unafraid opposite of what he used to be - notice that in the beginning of the film he was not as 'ready' to help his friend to the degree he was in the end although it was evident that 'to help' is in his nature. The need to help others may have also come about through watching his mother (Helen Hunt as Arlene McKinney) who needed a lot of help to overcome her addiction to alcohol. Now standing back for a minute the typical kid in this situation would most likely be a rebel and seek attention, but not this boy - he is special - he saw the potential in people that they could not see in themselves.

Post Date: 23rd Dec, 2015 - 9:29pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Osment Joel Haley

Viewer 'Pays It Forward' to 'Pay It Forward' recipient

An Eyewitness News viewer donates all her yarn supplies to a previous "Pay It Forward" recipient whose goal is to crochet 300 to 500 has for Primary Children's Hospital Ref. Source 1m

> TOPIC: Haley Joel Osment

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,