Napoleon Dynamite

Napoleon Dynamite - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 31st Dec, 2005 - 1:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
Post Date: 2nd Jul, 2004 - 5:21pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Napoleon Dynamite

PLAYING WITH 'DYNAMITE':
BYU STUDENT HITS THE BIG TIME WITH HIS FIRST MOVIE

Even Jared Hess wasn't entirely convinced about the commercial prospects for "Napoleon Dynamite," his offbeat, low-key comedy about high school misfits and outcasts, which was very loosely based on his experiences growing up in Idaho.
Ref. https://deseretnews.com/dn/view/1%2C1249%2C...74407%2C00.html

Sponsored Links:
12th Aug, 2004 - 11:47pm / Post ID: #

Dynamite Napoleon

Is it me or does it seem like more and more LDS are getting into acting? It seems to be such a highlight now that one wonders if it is hollywood or the chance to be in an LDS film that is the highlight?

Post Date: 8th Oct, 2005 - 7:05am / Post ID: #

Napoleon Dynamite
A Friend

Napoleon Dynamite Sports & Fashion Music Movies

A friend of my mothers loaned us Napolion Dynamite and I thought the movie was stupid. My mother and I looked at each other and said at the same time, "I don't think so." I don't see what the attraction is about the movie.

8th Oct, 2005 - 1:11pm / Post ID: #

Dynamite Napoleon

This is a movie that gets funnier each time you watch it. I enjoyed it when I first watched it. It reminded me of small towns everywhere. Of course, it helped that I grew up 30 minutes north of Preston, ID, where the movie was filmed, so I recognized the area.

My oldest daughter hated it the first time she watched it. Then someone convinced her to watch it again, and she loved it. A lot of people have had that experience.

I think the point of it is that the real geeky guy shows that he could come out ahead in the end.

3 starorange.gif' /><!--endemo-->  </p><div> </div> </div>

<br>
<br>

<div style=

20th Dec, 2005 - 4:54pm / Post ID: #

Dynamite Napoleon

I just did not find this movie to have enough substance that it has been called such a "cult classic." The title "cult classic" should be reserved for films so cutting-edge that it sustains time and culture to be passed down. This film was just.. not funny in my opinion and the fact that it is quoted so often on tee-shirts and other things is even more a puzzle to me. Maybe you need to watch it a lot of times, but I had a hard time sitting through it even once. While I respect others' opinions, wow -- I really couldn't get this one.

Post Date: 21st Dec, 2005 - 12:37am / Post ID: #

Napoleon Dynamite
A Friend

Napoleon Dynamite

This movie was funnier the second and third time I saw it. I think this is movie is funny because the humor is so dry. The movie manages to create quotable hilarity while remaining family friendly! Great movie! Dude, give me some of your tots!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
21st Dec, 2005 - 1:28am / Post ID: #

Napoleon Dynamite

I have to agree that the movie is better the more times that you watch it. It does have a different style of humour.

Post Date: 31st Dec, 2005 - 1:51am / Post ID: #

Napoleon Dynamite
A Friend

Napoleon Dynamite Movies Music Fashion & Sports

It may be true that it's better each time you watch it but after seeing it for the first time I don't think I could sit through it again. Of course there is that part with the mexicans in the low-rider. That was awesome

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Napoleon Dynamite

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,