Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 
Black Mormons Related Information to Black Mormons
Post Date: 26th May, 2012 - 11:10am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Black Mormons

Black Mormons
Black Mormons and the Politics of Identity

While the church does not track members by race, there are thriving Mormon churches with hundreds of black members today in many urban areas, including Washington, Chicago and New York, although African-Americans represent only a tiny fraction of the six million Mormons in the United States. Ref. Source 2

Sponsored Links:
26th Jun, 2014 - 8:23pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Black

I don't know about Church policies but I wonder if they will call again a Black General Authority since we do not have one since the days of Helvecio Martins.

Post Date: 26th Jun, 2014 - 8:33pm / Post ID: #

Black Mormons
A Friend

Black Mormons Studies Doctrine Mormon

You mean if god will call a black general authority, he is the one who is supposed to do the calling.

26th Jun, 2014 - 8:44pm / Post ID: #

Mormons Black

So he calls the person for an interview, sit down and meet? We both know he does not. So when I said "they" I referred to Church leaders as you well know. We have Church leaders who through inspiration (I do not dare to say in all cases) call people to serve in the Church.

When you receive a calling and you talk about it with family and friends. Do you say, God called me as the Young Men President or you said the Bishop called me as the Young Men President? No difference here.

Post Date: 27th Jun, 2014 - 6:00pm / Post ID: #

Black Mormons
A Friend

Mormons Black

I understand what you are saying, what I ment was, when you "they" it makes it sound as if they will call a black general authority for the sake of having a black general authority and not because he is being called to serve

27th Jun, 2014 - 6:30pm / Post ID: #

Black Mormons

I think that's what you interpreted, nevertheless since there are people from most ethnicities within the GA it would be nice to have a Black General Authority, nothing wrong with that so members from this particular race can feel identified.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 29th Jun, 2014 - 1:26pm / Post ID: #

Black Mormons
A Friend

Black Mormons

I think thats another problem, why do you need someone of your race to identify with, why can't you identify with them as one of gods children, I think needing someone of your race to identify with only furthers racial divides.

30th Jun, 2014 - 8:59pm / Post ID: #

Black Mormons Mormon Doctrine Studies

EAG, even though technically I agree with you, I think based on the Church past concerning racism and its willingness to demonstrate a more mainstream approach, one could argue that having representation of all races should play to its favor.

+  1 2 3 4 

> TOPIC: Black Mormons

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,