Seasickness

Seasickness - Psychology, Special Needs, Health - Posted: 28th Feb, 2007 - 12:31am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

10th Jul, 2004 - 2:08pm / Post ID: #

Seasickness

Do you suffer from seasickness? Have you found any remedies and/or preventitve measures for seasickness that works? Tell us some of your most interesting and/or embarassing stories that involved someone getting seasick.

Here is a link which describes seasickness and provides some suggestions:

https://www.travel-ascending.com/seasick.htm

Reconcile Edited: malexander on 10th Jul, 2004 - 2:09pm

Sponsored Links:
7th Aug, 2004 - 9:36pm / Post ID: #

Seasickness

I have seen people suffer with this, even travelling in a car can make them sick. Once I went to Tobago on a ship that rocked from side to side and it did leave me feeling a bit upset, but I was not sick. I have heard there is a specific tablet that you can take that gives relief, but it must be taken a couple hours before as it does not work instantaneously.

Post Date: 8th Aug, 2004 - 3:56am / Post ID: #

Seasickness
A Friend

Seasickness Health & Special Psychology

Oh Boy do I get seasick! I used to live in Bremerton and had to take the ferry across Puget Sound to Seattle to work every day. There wasn't any pill that worked for me, so I would hide out in the bathrooms below deck till the engines were shut down. That meant we were coming in to dock.

Here in Waldport I can look at the ocean and I am fine, but there is a real nice little restaurant that is right on the Alsea River, it floats on the river. As long as the weather is calm I can sit by the window and not be bothered. BUT if it is storming out and the water is choppy, then I get seasick, I have to leave the restaurant or I will lose it.

I also get carsick. If I am a passenger I have to be sure to look straight ahead and not off to the side. It is the rolling/rocking of the horizon that sets me off.

27th Feb, 2007 - 11:49pm / Post ID: #

Seasickness

I'm fortunate that I don't suffer sea sickness in general, the water would have to be really bad for it to affect me. I think I've only felt queasy a couple of times, and those times have been when we have been on a ferry in the middle of storms. I can assure you it's not nice, especially as you have to see everyone else becoming ill around you.

I believe that there is now a bracelet that you can get though from the chemist/pharmacy, and it has nodes on that you put over your wrist, and it's supposed to stop sea sickness altogether.

I don't know whether it works or not, but if you are badly affected, it might just be worth checking out.

28th Feb, 2007 - 12:31am / Post ID: #

Seasickness

I don't have that problem as long as the boat or ship is not moving too much..if the boat is moving a lot then yes, I get very sick and feel like I cannot breathe!

> TOPIC: Seasickness

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,