144 000 - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 13th Jul, 2012 - 5:02pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

5th Mar, 2005 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.

5 Of the tribe of Juda were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad were sealed twelve thousand.

6 Of the tribe of Aser were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses were sealed twelve thousand.

7 Of the tribe of Simeon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar were sealed twelve thousand.

8 Of the tribe of Zabulon were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph were sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin were sealed twelve thousand.

Revelation 7:4-8

What does this passage mean?

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Mar, 2005 - 8:25pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

I believe the verses before help clarify what the purpose is for sealing the 144,000.

1After this I saw four angels standing at the four corners of the earth, holding back the four winds of the earth to prevent any wind from blowing on the land or on the sea or on any tree. 2Then I saw another angel coming up from the east, having the seal of the living God. He called out in a loud voice to the four angels who had been given power to harm the land and the sea: 3"Do not harm the land or the sea or the trees until we put a seal on the foreheads of the servants of our God."

I believe the sealing of the 144,000 is for protecting Gods chosen people from the wrath that God is pouring out on the earth. The seal of God will protect them from harm as the Angels that are given power to harm go about their business. The next chapter in revelations goes into the 7 woes, which I think the 144,000 will be protected from.

Revelations 14:1-5 Also indicate that these 144,000 will be kept perfect as a first fruits sacrifice to God. They learn a song that only they can learn. The verse also mentions that they will never lay with a woman and that they will be perfect. They will have the seal of God on their foreheads. Its an interesting paradox to the anti christ which will "seal" his own with the mark of the Beast, 666.

The 144,000 will be sealed from physical harm and moral impurity as to remain blameless before, and for God. Some also believe this is the sealing of 144,000 priests. But this is in my opinion not likely since the priesthood was reserved for the descendants of Aaron and the Levites, not all of Israel.

13th Jul, 2012 - 5:02pm / Post ID: #

144,000 Revealed Bible The

Some religions say that this is the number of the chosen people but if that's so then there are loads of people not chosen so what happens to them?

> TOPIC: 144,000

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,