Dungeons & Dragons Kamdrogh RPG - Page 8 of 25

"Traps are far to expensive, but we may - Page 8 - D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Posted: 13th Sep, 2012 - 4:21pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

23rd September 2024's Text Adventure:
Choose Your Medieval Fantasy Character:

Fighter
Fighter
Wizard
Wizard
Barbarian
Barbarian
Draconian
Draconian
Cleric
Cleric
Ranger
Ranger
Rogue
Rogue
Warlock
Warlock
Paladin
Paladin

+  « First of 25 pgs.  4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  ...Latest (25) »
Closed
Dungeons & Dragons RPG
For Kamdrogh players characters only with Oliron as DM
2nd Sep, 2012 - 2:38pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Kamdrogh RPG - Page 8

The clerics have no idea what exactly is causing the shadows to attack. So they have plan for others to assist in the shadow problem.

Their is a call for adventurers, hunters, and peasants alike to venture into the forest though. The giant centipedes that live there are breeding around this time of year and are more active than usual. Their entire bodies are used by the town for various things. One of the uses being that of oil for lamps and spell components for the continual light spell, which is now in high demand.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 2nd Sep, 2012 - 8:58pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Kamdrogh RPG
A Friend

RPG Kamdrogh Dragons and Dungeons

As the group travels about the city Asthelion introduces himself to the others in the group. He then explains to Avan that after the Missing Ships, work was petty in Calimport. Nothing that was big enough of a job and yet, didn't require a long term allegiance. So, because he had been keeping his eye on Avan (to see if the ranger had any better luck in finding jobs of course) he decided to leave Calimport and come to Kamdrough. The rogue wasn't the most familiar with this area after all and he trusted the ranger's instincts better than his own when it came to sniffing out work in this new territory. As for the shadows Asthelion pauses and considers how he came to deal with not encountering shadows in combat as he had seen his former companion.

"You just have to be a better shadow than the shadows", Asthelion said satisfied with his answer and continued to walk with the group.

Asthelion overhears Avan talking about forming a company for the time being and offers his services if Avan and company will have them. Even if it is something as grotesque as killing giant centipedes for protection spells against this new threat in the city.

"I can see these shadows are nothing to sneeze at", Asthelion begins his reasoning, "And if they overrun this city I'm not sure they won't stop there and if they expanded to other cities, namely where I might be working... That could prove to be bad for business."

5th Sep, 2012 - 4:01am / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Kamdrogh RPG Archive Pathfinder / D&D

Avan is in for hunting centipedes and waits for the rest of the group to decide what to do. He's going to ask for a small wagon he can borrow or buy and sell back on return.

6th Sep, 2012 - 4:40pm / Post ID: #

Page 8 RPG Kamdrogh Dragons and Dungeons

Avan's father offers to let Avan use the family wagon (drawn by two mules) for the task.

GM note: I don't see any of the other players participating accept for Avan and Asthelion. I'm not sure if they are still around or not, or how long you guys want to wait to see if anyone is going along for the ride.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 6th Sep, 2012 - 4:41pm

Post Date: 11th Sep, 2012 - 11:34am / Post ID: #

A Friend

RPG Kamdrogh Dragons and Dungeons

Ziminar says: If hunting these centipedes is the best way to help the city of Kamdrogh then you can count me in.
But I must admit that I have no experience fighting centipedes whatsoever, allthough it can't be any worse that these wretched shadows.
At least these centipedes can't be fought by normal means instead of having to resort to throwing vials of Holy Water.
Does any of you have more information on these centipedes?

12th Sep, 2012 - 11:11am / Post ID: #

"I am ready to set off with just the three of us." Avan says when only 2 others come to the meetup point. "I'm glad, for anyone in armor would slow us down and give away our position in the forest. I managed to get my father's wagon to carry the corpses home."

(I assume it's morning when we meet up, since we want to leave as early in the day as possible.)

To check my knowledge of giant centipedes:
Knowledge(Nature) (+4): Nat20

Out of Character: wow. Just wow. Why couldn't that die roll that good for 4e encounters earlier today?

Reconcile Edited: iCon on 12th Sep, 2012 - 11:16am

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
12th Sep, 2012 - 4:58pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Kamdrogh RPG - Page 8

Avan knows quite a lot about giant centipedes. He recalls that they are notorious for attacking suddenly from hiding, and are incredibly hard to spot. He also knows they can see very well in darkness.
They are relatively good climbers and have a poison that affects ones muscles. Their natural armor carapace is very hard, and is used by armor makers, especially in this region.
Luckily for all of their strengths there are some key weaknesses. Firstly and perhaps most important they are much like a fruit. The outside skin may be tough but once circumvented the inside offers little resistance. Also they have no intelligence to speak of, very rarely showing any kind of thoughtful attack or tactics. Lastly centipedes are predators of opportunity. They attack anything that can be perceived as food and have no desire for hard earned meals.

GM note: Almost all of the centipede can be sold in Kam, some parts go for more. The larger the centipede the more it's worth.

Reconcile Edited: Oliron on 12th Sep, 2012 - 5:16pm

13th Sep, 2012 - 4:21pm / Post ID: #

Dungeons & Dragons Kamdrogh RPG D&D / Pathfinder Archive - Page 8

"Traps are far to expensive, but we may need to buy bolas or nets to outsmart them and prevent them from hurting us," Avan suggests. "But I've never used either before, well except to catch fish but not large targets. Or I can unleash arrows and Ziminar can sling stones as Asthelion kites them in circles."

Out of Character: Bolas are 5gp each, nets are 20gp and both are exotic giving a -4 penalty, but so useful in stopping your enemy.

> TOPIC: Dungeons & Dragons Kamdrogh RPG

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,
This International Discussions custom Play By Post Pathfinder Role-playing Game uses trademarks and/or copyrights owned by Paizo Publishing, LLC under permission. More details can be found in the first Post of any Pathfinder RPG. Wizards of the Coast are he trademark owners for D&D and likewise allow the use of their system under permission.