Favorite Prophet

Favorite Prophet - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 25th Nov, 2007 - 9:12pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: Of these, which is your favorite key figure in the Book of Mormon?
  Lehi 1       0.00%
  Nephi 1       14.29%
  Jacob       0.00%
  Alma 1       0.00%
  Alma 2       9.52%
  Mosiah       0.00%
  King Benjamin       19.05%
  Cpt. Moroni       19.05%
  Ammon       9.52%
  Helaman       0.00%
  Nephi 3       14.29%
  Esther       0.00%
  Mohonri       4.76%
  Mormon       4.76%
  Moroni       4.76%
Total Votes: 21
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Within the Book of Mormon
Post Date: 29th Jul, 2004 - 1:13pm / Post ID: #

Favorite Prophet

Of these, which is your favorite key figure in the Book of Mormon?

Many names could have been added to the above list, if it is not there you can relate it to us below.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 31st Jul, 2004 - 12:01am / Post ID: #

Favorite Prophet
A Friend

Prophet Favorite

This was a very difficult choice. I looked over the list for sometime before I selected Nephi3. I made the decision based on the fact he was around during the most difficult time in the history, just before Christ appeared. I assume this was a pre-ordained calling and he must have been a very choice individual to be trusted to lead the people during his era.

1st Aug, 2004 - 3:20pm / Post ID: #

Favorite Prophet Studies Doctrine Mormon

All on the list have great histories, but my favorite is Captain Moroni. What a great man! Appointed at 25 years old, he was dedicated, determined, and actually did what he said he would do.

11  And Moroni was a strong and a mighty man; he was a man of a perfect understanding; yea, a man that did not delight in bloodshed; a man whose soul did joy in the liberty and the freedom of his country, and his brethren from bondage and slavery;
12  Yea, a man whose heart did swell with thanksgiving to his God, for the many privileges and blessings which he bestowed upon his people; a man who did labor exceedingly for the awelfare and safety of his people.
13  Yea, and he was a man who was firm in the faith of Christ, and he had sworn with an oath to defend his people, his rights, and his country, and his religion, even to the loss of his blood.

(Book of Mormon | Alma 48:11 - 13)

36  Behold, I am Moroni, your chief captain.  I seek not for power, but to pull it down.  I seek not for honor of the world, but for the glory of my God, and the freedom and welfare of my country.

(Book of Mormon | Alma 60:36)

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2005 - 12:35am / Post ID: #

Favorite Prophet
A Friend

Prophet Favorite

My favorite is Ammon, not because of his ordeal with robbers, but his mission. He had an incredible mission! Not because of the number of people but rather his faith and continuing effort. I being young and having the opportunity to go on a mission most desperately and sincerely want to go. I just hope I can be like Ammon or like the sons of Mosiah.

Behold, if any man lack wisdom let him ask of God, who giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not, and it shall be given him. (James 1:5)

Message Edited!
FarSeer: Closed your quote tags. Please check before you submit your post! Thanks.

Reconcile Edited: FarSeer on 8th Jan, 2005 - 10:43am

Post Date: 8th Jan, 2005 - 5:14am / Post ID: #

Favorite Prophet
A Friend

Prophet Favorite

Well, I accidentally voted for Moroni. Although he is pretty great, Mormon is my hero. Here is why:

At the age of 10, Mormon was a,"...sober child, and...quick to observe." He was told to remember the instructions he was assigned by Ammaron at that time. He was righteous enough and the task important enough that he was visited by the Lord. When he was twenty four he went, as Ammaron had instructed, to go to the land of Antum unto a hill called Shim and uncover and take with him the plates of Nephi, leaving the rest. He was to engrave on the plates all of the things that he had observed of the people. This he did for all of his life, living through terrible and wicked times. That would take a lot of dedication and willed obedience to do this task for so long and under the circumstances of that time.(Mormon chapter 1)

Next, Mormon lived in the wickedest of times; wars were raging, the Gadianton Robbers infested the land, sorceries and witchcraft were practiced, Lamanites murdering even women and children, and the power of the evil one was wrought upon all the face of the land. Wickedness did prevail upon the face of the whole land so much so that the Lord took away his beloved disciples and the work of miracles and healing. So terrible were the wars that he says that he held back recording too much about them, so as to not make us sorrow too much. His own people became wicked after they had prevailed in battle; he noted how he lost 100,000 of his people in battle. Yet he did all that he was commanded to do. He pressed on, preaching repentance, of baptism, and about Jesus Christ, even though the people wouldn't listen.

He finishes his record with this: "Behold, I speak to you as though I spake from the dead; for I know that ye shall have my words." Mormon 9:30 He knew his record was for us, everything recorded for our benefit. He had so many reasons to stop, but he always pressed on. "And my father also was killed by them, and I even remain alone to write the sad tale of the destruction of my people. But behold, they are gone, and I fulfil the commandment of my father. And whether they slay me, I know not. Therefore I will write and hide up the records in the earth; and whither I go it mattereth not. Behold, my father hath made this record, and he hath written the intent thereof. And behold, I would write it also if I had room upon the plates, but I have not; and ore I have none, for I am alone. My father hath been slain in battle, and all my kinsfolk, and I have not friends nor whither to go; and how long the Lord will suffer that I may live I know not." Mormon 8:3-5 He just sounds so down trodden and weary, and I can appreciate just how incredible his will to press on and to pick himself up and do what he needed to do.

20th May, 2005 - 10:11pm / Post ID: #

Favorite Prophet

This was a very difficult decision to make. Normally I would choose Ammon too because of his missionary efforts but my vote went to Nephi 1 because from the beginning of the book he acknowledged his parents and also was true to the cause of righteousness..even when he was beaten upon and ridiculed he was steadfast!

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
5th Apr, 2006 - 3:19am / Post ID: #

Favorite Prophet

my favorite is Ammon. I thought it is awesome how he smut off the arms of the enemy and would not go to his master until his work was done. He was humble enough to stay a servant. I think of him when I am doing service for others.

Post Date: 25th Nov, 2007 - 9:12pm / Post ID: #

Favorite Prophet
A Friend

Favorite Prophet Mormon Doctrine Studies

My favorite is 1 NEPHI.

WHY? Here is my opinion on Him: Nobody and nothing can have a good solid finishing without a good solid starting. Based on that theory the Book of Mormon may not have had the finishing of it if wasn't by the Prophet 1 Nephi with his incredible faith, righteousness and love for the Lord his God. He had an incredible determination.

Certainly, God within his great wisdom trusted him 100%.

To me He is like a solid post. The strong wind can come and he is immovable. The storm can come and he is immovable. His brother can come, smack him and he is immovable. His parents could murmur but he is immovable. The devil can come and he kicks him out. Nothing moves that man, he is the man, he is the greatest, he is mine...

Sorry, he is ours. Mine is for sure.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Favorite Prophet

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,