Favorite Prophet - Page 2 of 2

I have to say Abinadi. His strong testimony - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 12th Jun, 2010 - 7:30pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 

?
Poll: Of these, which is your favorite key figure in the Book of Mormon?
  Lehi 1       0.00%
  Nephi 1       14.29%
  Jacob       0.00%
  Alma 1       0.00%
  Alma 2       9.52%
  Mosiah       0.00%
  King Benjamin       19.05%
  Cpt. Moroni       19.05%
  Ammon       9.52%
  Helaman       0.00%
  Nephi 3       14.29%
  Esther       0.00%
  Mohonri       4.76%
  Mormon       4.76%
  Moroni       4.76%
Total Votes: 21
Guests Cannot Vote - Join To Add Your Vote! 
Within the Book of Mormon
Post Date: 31st Mar, 2008 - 3:51pm / Post ID: #

Favorite Prophet
A Friend

Favorite Prophet - Page 2

QUOTE (gaucho @ 30-Jul 04, 7:01 PM)
This was a very difficult choice. I looked over the list for sometime before I selected Nephi3. I made the decision based on the fact he was around during the most difficult time in the history, just before Christ appeared. I assume this was a pre-ordained calling and he must have been a very choice individual to be trusted to lead the people during his era.

I also selected Nephi3. For all the reasons you mentioned as well as the fact that he had the faith to raise the dead! What a great man!

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 7th May, 2008 - 6:31am / Post ID: #

Favorite Prophet
A Friend

Prophet Favorite

I have to go with Abinadi.

It must have taken extraordinary guts to go through the trouble of donning his disguise, sneaking past guards, and climbing the wall, then to just make it all useless by screaming out his name and a few words before being chased away, eventually captured, and then dealt with as he knew he would be dealt with.

Abinadi was an unusual prophet.

18th Nov, 2008 - 7:50pm / Post ID: #

Favorite Prophet Studies Doctrine Mormon

Everyone born in the church grows up learning "I, Nephi", so the first Nephi is my favorite Prophet.

Post Date: 20th Jul, 2009 - 4:42pm / Post ID: #

Favorite Prophet
A Friend

Page 2 Prophet Favorite

In all of scripture, my favorite prophet is Enoch. However, in The Book of Mormon my favorite is King Benjamin. He gave amazing sermons, that apply not only in their day, but our day as well. I especially admire anytime there is a righteous king that follows the commandments of God and encourages his followers to do the same. As you can see from history, many kings tend to become corrupt and worldly when they receive the power that comes from ruling a kingdom. Especially in the latter days, I appreciate when we have a leader that is righteous and seeks the Lord in prayer daily. If we had righteous leaders throughout the world today, the world would be a different place. It is amazing the power one leader can have on the influence of the people. We need more leaders like King Benjamin. We named one of our 6 boys after King Benjamin.

12th Jun, 2010 - 7:30pm / Post ID: #

Prophet Favorite

I have to say Abinadi. His strong testimony and willingness to do the work of the Lord is just amazing even unto death.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Favorite Prophet

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,