Mormon Beliefs: Sexuality In Heaven? - Page 2 of 3

The Church, but mainly, President Hinckley, - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 29th Dec, 2009 - 7:14am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Post Date: 23rd Nov, 2006 - 8:37am / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs: Sexuality In Heaven?
A Friend

Mormon Beliefs: Sexuality In Heaven? - Page 2

If I'm correct on the sealing process is, that the Sealing is not yet set in to motion until Judgement day or you are declared to have your calling and election made sure.

Just like the Families that we have here on earth are not ours yet, they are put into our trust my Father, when we come to Judgement Day, if we have done our best then our family will truly and rightfully be ours. Given to us for our valience in life.

19th Nov, 2007 - 8:13am / Post ID: #

Heaven Sexuality Beliefs Mormon

QUOTE (Zelph @ 23-Nov 06, 12:37 AM)
If I'm correct on the sealing process is, that the Sealing is not yet set in to motion until Judgement day or you are declared to have your calling and election made sure.

This is how I have learned as well.

If it were different, as in they were sealed in the temple but didn't "live up" to their covenants, what would we gain by living our lives obediently? It seems, in my opinion, that would not be God's way.

21st Mar, 2008 - 9:49pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs: Sexuality In Heaven? Studies Doctrine Mormon

From Doctrine and Covenants 132 we learn that those who do not obtain the Highest degree in the Celestial Kingdom:

remain separately and singly, without exaltation, in their saved condition, to all eternity; and from henceforth are not gods, but are angels of God forever and ever

So if in the celestial Kingdom one cannot be eternally married unless worthy, I would assume that those in the lower Kingdoms will also be separate regardless of sealings performed in this life.

I also take from this that the kingdoms will be separated by sex(Separately and Singly). Men will be in one area and women in another, which prevents any questions concerning misuse of sexuality ( I believe this due to the fact that in the Temple men and woman are separated in all kingdoms until they are brought through the Vail where they may comingle).

8th Jun, 2008 - 9:28am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Heaven Sexuality Beliefs Mormon

I also take from this that the kingdoms will be separated by sex(Separately and Singly). Men will be in one area and women in another, which prevents any questions concerning misuse of sexuality ( I believe this due to the fact that in the Temple men and woman are separated in all kingdoms until they are brought through the Vail where they may comingle).

Hmmm...the light bulb came on. I think that answers it, for me at least. Why wouldn't it be so as the temple is full of symbolism?
We are taught that our earthly desires and weaknesses will follow us into the next life, why not our sexual yearnings? Makes sense that genders will be separated to ensure virtue.

But since we are also taught that only those who acheive the Celestial Kingdom will have their eternal marriages, yet not everyone who makes it to the Celestial Kingdom will be married, is it their righteousness that keeps them chaste?

Spencer W. Kimball, "The Importance of Celestial Marriage," Ensign, Oct 1979, 3
Even unmarried, we may reach the celestial kingdom, but we will be ministering angels only.

And to take this discussion even further, will it only be those who make it to exaltation in the highest kingdom who will have the privilege of sexual intimacy within their eternal unions?

Again from President Kimball's talk:
"In the celestial glory there are three heavens or degrees;

"And in order to obtain the highest, a man must enter into this order of the priesthood [meaning the new and everlasting covenant of marriage];

"And if he does not, he cannot obtain it.

"He may enter into the other, but that is the end of his kingdom; he cannot have an increase." (D&C 131:1-4.)

He cannot have an increase! He cannot have exaltation!

Reconcile Edited: alskann on 8th Jun, 2008 - 9:29am

8th Jun, 2008 - 12:16pm / Post ID: #

Heaven Sexuality Beliefs Mormon

QUOTE (Alskann)
Makes sense that genders will be separated to ensure virtue.

I believe the separation is not a place but a position or sphere of existence as life on the other side is not in 3D as we see it with ups and downs, lefts and rights. For instance, sexual temptations may also be a man for another man as in homosexuality which is growing in numbers and legality. Therefore putting such a man with all the other man is like an alcoholic in a bar.
QUOTE (Dbackers)
So if in the celestial Kingdom one cannot be eternally married unless worthy, I would assume that those in the lower Kingdoms will also be separate regardless of sealings performed in this life.

However, we seem to be straying from the essence of the Thread which is sexuality itself and its existence in the hereafter. There are other Threads about Celestial Marriage in general terms.

8th Jun, 2008 - 3:10pm / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs: Sexuality In Heaven?

I am not quite sure if sexuality in the way we know it is going to take place on Heaven. Just because those who reach the highest level within the Celestial Kingdom can continue procreating doesn't mean is going to be in the same way we know it.

10th Jun, 2008 - 8:42am / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs Sexuality Heaven - Page 2

Why wouldn't it be? I have in the past thought along these same lines, that perhaps procreation in the exalted sphere is more ethereal than physical. But the more I ponder it I'm not so sure it won't be the same - only better wink.gif .
Sexual relations between husband and wife can be quite the spiritual experience. Perhaps this is another reason why we need our physical bodies, and something Satan will never experience.

29th Dec, 2009 - 7:14am / Post ID: #

Mormon Beliefs Sexuality Heaven Mormon Doctrine Studies - Page 2

The Church, but mainly, President Hinckley, has been adamant in stating that we don't know the process it takes to create spirit children.
I feel it is mainly because, with our teaching that plural marriage is Celestial Marriage, then this will seem that men will be eternally having sex and women will eternally be barefoot and pregnant.

+  1 2 3 
Thank you for your continued support of our Community.

> TOPIC: Mormon Beliefs: Sexuality In Heaven?

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,