[movie] The Village - Page 2 of 2

OK everyone, thats enough! I know - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 21st Feb, 2006 - 7:59am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
26th Aug, 2004 - 3:14am / Post ID: #

[movie] The Village - Page 2

Spoiler
If you have not seen it - STOP - the following gives away the 'secrets'

Usually I would never go to see or rent a movie like this, but LDS wanted to see it so what the heck. The start up was boring... yes, you can tell that I did not care much for it already. The plot took awhile to unravel, but slowly you could see somethings making sense. From the get go I knew it was the guy fooling the people about 'beyond the borders', but I was just waiting to see what he was up to. So what was the purpose of the film? Correct me where I am wrong - basically a Prof. of History comes up with a plan to see if he and few others who are tired with modern society because it dealt them sadness in losing loved ones - go to live in the forest (nature reserve) with the idea of finding peace? serenity? Only to discover they cannot hide it forever? The ending was too chopped up for my liking. Oh well, people. tell me what I missed here? Was this the Matrix without the shades or the fighting? laugh.gif

Sponsored Links:
8th Sep, 2004 - 5:59pm / Post ID: #

Village movie

I don't think you missed anything, JB. I guess it just depends on what peaks your interest in a film, and from what you are saying, it seems the mystery in this film did not achieve that; and that's ok. Personally, I thought the film was well delivered and yes I agree the ending was not the best, but overall it wasn't a bad film. Comparing it to the Matrix though is a bit of a stretch wink.gif

9th Sep, 2004 - 2:09am / Post ID: #

[movie] The Village Sports & Fashion Music Movies

I was extremelly dissapointed of this movie, I was so excited to watch it that when I actually watched I could not believe how bad it was. From the begining it was so obvious that there were was not such a thing as 'others' in the forrest. It did not got my attention at all, it was too predictable and the story line was not original.
What about the end of the movie?. Hilarious. rolleyes.gif

3rd Nov, 2004 - 9:05pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Village movie

I think the director kind of got mixed up with the purpose of the movie. It was a nice idea there about isolating from society, but he didn't stay focused on it. He kept wandering off to make it suspenseful.

20th Feb, 2006 - 10:30pm / Post ID: #

Village movie

I really enjoyed this movie. I think the point was to get you to think about the idea of being seperated from the rest of humanity as a solution to problems that arise because of evil in the world. I think there are likely many people who have experienced things similar to the characters of "the elders," and maybe wished they could just take their families and live seperate from the world. But the point is, not only can you not escape it, but there is much to be learned from the pain and trials that always catch up to us.

I think M Night Shymalan was attempting to present these ideas for thought in a way that is striking. Perhaps parallels can even be drawn here. (If you figured out the movie from the beginning, then I am sorry because it likely did ruin it. )

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2006 - 7:59am / Post ID: #

[movie] The Village
A Friend

[movie] The Village

OK everyone, thats enough! laugh.gif

I know allot of us in here are used to completely dissecting a movie, see the Matrix Board, but this movie needs no dissecting. This is really a simple movie with a simple plot.

A man decides to live his life separated, as they used to, away from society. This works until they all start having kids. In order to keep his dream of isolation alive, he has to create something to hinder the kids from going into the woods. The movie revolves around his being torn between keeping the towns dream alive, and saving one of their own. To try do both, he sends his own blind daughter to get the medicine. In the end, the movie plays out well in my opinion, and the reality of the situation sets in on him. Again though, we see him use the "creatures" as an excuse for anothers deaths, instead of the truth, which would give their secret away. Its kinda of sad really. But I liked the movie.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: [movie] The Village

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,