Religious Southern Baptists Racism

Religious Southern Baptists Racism - The Bible Revealed - Posted: 7th Aug, 2012 - 6:09pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

Video First Baptist Church of Crystal Springs
Post Date: 30th Jul, 2012 - 10:06pm / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Original post: Just two days before their scheduled wedding, Charles and Te'Andrea Wilson were forced to change venues after the Rev. Stan Weatherford told them that some church members were uncomfortable with the black couple getting married in the First Baptist Church of Crystal Springs. Ref. Source 7

Sponsored Links:
31st Jul, 2012 - 1:40am / Post ID: #

Racism Baptists Southern Religious

I don't get how people can be all religious and Christian but because of the color of someone's skin they become very prejudice towards them.

Post Date: 4th Aug, 2012 - 4:54am / Post ID: #

A Friend

Religious Southern Baptists Racism Revealed Bible The

It is very simple really! They are NOT true Christians in every sense of the word. If you really and truly know Christianity and what it is all about one will learn that color racism is incompatible with it. A perusal of some of the New Testament chapters especially the book of Galatians tells us that.

They are religious Not Christians because they have not come to the full understanding of the true meaning of the term.

5th Aug, 2012 - 12:30am / Post ID: #

IToldYou has it down right. People call themselves Christians but all it probably means is they celebrate Christmas. The rest of time they're throwing insults and being racists cowards.

7th Aug, 2012 - 1:31pm / Post ID: #

The church and pastors involved later apologized to the couple after this got international attention. Those Southern baptists need to pay attention that we are in 2012!

Post Date: 7th Aug, 2012 - 6:09pm / Post ID: #

A Friend

Apologies are NOT enough. Change is. Just because one says they are sorry does not mean that one has entirely changed. Apologies may only be done for the sake of appearances and then one returns back to one's old ways again. However, I do not understand what everyone was surprised about concerning this Baptist organization:

1. A careful research on the internet shows that these religious ones a.k.a. Baptists have engaged in racism in their churches. This is simply a problem that has been going on in the dark for quite some time but only now has manifested itself in media attention. I honestly was not surprised because...

2. What would you expect in a Caucasian media saturated and Caucasian dominated society? Equality is not projected by the media so why would it be in some of the churches?

In America if they have one African-American on a television show where the majority of the cast is Caucasian they call that "diversity." Yeah Right. The point is that if the media in the society is not fair in its representation of other groups who are non-Caucasian then why would we expect some Caucasian-dominated churches to be fair in their treatment of other non-Caucasian races if they are adapting to the image that they see represented prominently in the society that they exist in.

I have encountered Caucasian Southern Baptists from the United States who have come as missionaries here to my land and some treat you because you are nonwhite (even if you are Christian) with great suspicion especially if for example you are around those Caucasian sisters and just simply having a general discussion with them.

They think you may do them some sort of harm because they have mentally stereotyped you as a nonwhite male as being in the "potential harm bracket." Is this supposed to be Christianity? I think not. I understand that they do not know you but it reminds me of the way African-American men are treated when they are in an elevator next to a Caucasian woman who holds her purse close to her because she thinks that every African-American man out there is a potential purse snatcher.

If these Caucasian Southern Baptists have brought such a stereotypical attitude to my land I can only imagine what some non-Caucasian people have had to experience in their own homeland in America.

Again this is not Christianity but only religiosity at its very worse. undecided.gif

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!

> TOPIC: Religious Southern Baptists Racism

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,