Ranger
Warlock
Warlock
Cleric
Cleric

Post Date: 23rd Jan, 2006 - 8:26pm / Post ID: #

Queen For Two Rooks

Queen for Two Rooks

Sometimes when two humans play the game of chess and a possible exchange that involves a Queen for Two Rooks arises - a decision has to be made as to wether to make the exchange or not. Based on points the Rooks are worth 10 and the Queen 9. The question is: Would you be willing to give up your queen for two Rooks?

Sponsored Links:
25th Jan, 2006 - 2:56am / Post ID: #

Rooks Two Queen

Would you be willing to give up your queen for two Rooks?

Absolutely yes.

I do love how the Queen has the freedom to move in so many different directions for attack and to avoid an attack she still has a weakness. The idea of having two Rooks is a much better idea. While the Rooks are limited in their movement abilities a pair can make for an unstoppable force to recon with. Each Rook can protect the other by the threat of your opposition loosing their prime pieces on the board. A Queen does not have this advantage. The Queen does have the ability to avoid their attacks most of the time however when you retreat the offensive movement stops while you protect your piece. Two Rooks do not retreat from an attack but rather have the ability to push even harder against the other. (For instance, if one rook is in danger, simply place your other rook into a cheap shot check against the opposing king to force him to make a move other than on the offensive towards your other rook.) Point value rarely affects my game play because if I cannot stay alive to play the game the points matter very little in the end.

21st Aug, 2012 - 10:22pm / Post ID: #

Queen For Two Rooks Reviews RPG & Card Board

I have been in this situation a few times and I can't just say yes or no without seeing the tactical position of my pieces for instance the rooks are more valuable in an end game than at the beginning or end.

> TOPIC: Queen For Two Rooks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,