Shaolin Monks - Page 2 of 3

A few weeks ago I watched a documentary showing - Page 2 - Movies, Music, Fashion, Sports - Posted: 21st Feb, 2008 - 8:25am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
Shaolin Forum
Supermen for real or just stories to put fear into the invaders?
Post Date: 7th Feb, 2008 - 7:45pm / Post ID: #

Shaolin Monks
A Friend

Shaolin Monks - Page 2

Once, a young man travelled to Tibet.
He met a little man on the mountain.
"Show me some Kung Fu" He said.
"Follow me" said the little man.
They walked up the mountain to a deep gorge. The young man took a stone and threw it down the gorge; he did not hear it hit the bottom.
"Look to the far mountain" said the little man.
His pupil looked back again in his direction and the little man was gone.
"Hello!" - The little man was standing the other side of the gorge, which ran the length of the mountain, as wide as a ballpark, and the young man could see no bridges.
"Look to the far mountain!" Shouted the little man.
After a glance to the snowy panorama, the little man again was standing next to the young man; and they walked back down the mountain.

Sponsored Links:
7th Feb, 2008 - 7:52pm / Post ID: #

Monks Shaolin

I guess you are quoting someone's words? If so you need to quote tag it and place the source. Additionally the Thread is about Shaolin Monks, so in your own words you will need to explain how that relates.

Post Date: 8th Feb, 2008 - 8:24am / Post ID: #

Shaolin Monks
A Friend

Shaolin Monks Sports & Fashion Music Movies

Shaolin teachings have their roots in India and Tibet.
Tibetan Masters do exist, there are accounts of them visiting the west.

These are my own words. The story is one I heard many years ago as a myth, taught to us by one of our kung fu teachers while relaxing after a class.
So I have no need to quote anyone apart from an old friend, who's exact words I cant remember.

9th Feb, 2008 - 12:07am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Monks Shaolin

I understand, it is good that you explained that it was a paraphrase of your kung fu teacher's words. I am aware of the Indian influence from the National Geographic documentary which went into detail about the life of the monks. Fight Quest was also featuring them.

Post Date: 11th Feb, 2008 - 8:56am / Post ID: #

Shaolin Monks
A Friend

Monks Shaolin

My teacher was an engineer aboard ship in the Far East. He worked with Chinese and Koreans for many years. His style was varied, but when I asked him about it's name, he called it Tai Ji Quan. A Shaolin based style similar to Tai Chi but with a much more practical application. It is slow and energetic, dynamic and deliberate.
It is based on the movement of seven animals; Dragon, Tiger, Snake, Leopard, Crane, Monkey and Mantis. I have been practicing for twenty years with my Teacher and his family, but have only just mastered the basics. I had another Teacher, a Chinese Malay lady, she is very graceful and has a great sense of humour.

20th Feb, 2008 - 11:09pm / Post ID: #

Shaolin Monks

At the end of the day Shaolin monks are just humans. People have to stop watching so many kung-fu movies and imagining that people can fly and stop bullets.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 20th Feb, 2008 - 11:28pm / Post ID: #

Shaolin Monks
A Friend

Shaolin Monks - Page 2

Yes they are human just like everyone else but a person who has trained their body and has mastered it can do some extraordinary things. I have only studied a few of the far east fighting skills and mainly Tai Kwon Do. I am not expert by a long shot but I have the skill to be able to tell my body not to get sick or to relieve a headache. I can control my body to the point of slowing my own heartbeat. There is a lot you can learn over the years of studying with a master. To just call one of them just human is not the entire truth.

Post Date: 21st Feb, 2008 - 8:25am / Post ID: #

Shaolin Monks
A Friend

Shaolin Monks Movies Music Fashion & Sports - Page 2

A few weeks ago I watched a documentary showing two young doctors traveling a few countries looking for new attitudes to the suffering of pain.
In Tibet they operated without anesthetic on a gentlemans finger.
They cleaned his open wound with iodine.
For a normal human this would have been excruciating, but the man just smiled.
He feels the pain like everyone else, but his stillness of mind gives him the ability not to mind it. He is calm and his body does not become exited by the stimulus.

They are not super human, they are just more human.

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Shaolin Monks

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,