Venezuela - Page 2 of 14

Well the latest is that Chavez is threatening - Page 2 - Politics, Business, Civil, History - Posted: 6th Mar, 2005 - 5:51pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (14) »
So much oil, so much resources, yet the people are so poor and the money (bolivar) has no value?
10th Jan, 2005 - 1:17am / Post ID: #

Venezuela - Page 2

This is one of the few countries in S. America that I can actually envision turning Communist.

Considering that he was voted in again and that it is true that he wants a communist State then we must also consider that maybe the poor man of the country also wants it. The US will not allow such a thing to happen though, I am pretty sure of that.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

Sponsored Links:
11th Jan, 2005 - 1:39am / Post ID: #

Venezuela

I really don't think that the US can stop it. We really don't have that much control of the area. Truly the only levers that the US has are aid and our business. The US could say that they would boycott Venezuelan Oil, but that really wont happen unless someone else can step up production to make up the difference. US aid is also a significant help to Venezuela, but if the poor man wants him as a leader, then they might not actually must not mind being that poor. Cuba has managed without US business for a long time. While it does severely hurt their economy, as long as they are "happy or unopposed" to his rule, then the song will remain the same.

Just a thought,

Vincenzo

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

11th Jan, 2005 - 1:47am / Post ID: #

Venezuela History & Civil Business Politics

Well this is what lead me to this perspective.

1. I have lived there in the past and since we are only 8 miles from the border I get a feel for the way the people think. The US dollar is 'god' there, but their money is so devalued that not even our islands will accept it. All the infrastructure, cars and styles are based on US culture save for the language. The middle and upper class enjoy this. The poor man is the majority and the people can show their rebellion at the drop of a hat. I believe Chavez capitalizes on this. Now you can look at our thread about Russia within this board and maybe it is something similar... maybe he will rule in a communist fashion under the guise of democracy and free elections.

2. Now, this thread is not about the US, but to discuss the possibility of a declaration of communism I will entertain it. The US has shown in the past that they will not let any country in the Western Hemisphere declare itself communist, at least not officially. the US would most likely use some justification and bring in the UN if they ever needed to stop a communist regime in Venezuela.

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 3224 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 100%

11th Feb, 2005 - 3:08am / Post ID: #

Page 2 Venezuela

Well, it isnt exactly communism, but it is very close! Totalitarianism seems to be the flavor of government for which Mr. Chavez is searching. It also seems very interesting that his idol is a Cuban Dictator, who runs his country much in the same fashion.

https://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,146472,00.html

The interesting note here is that the US government says that this is disturbing, but they really are not saying much more about stopping it. I do suspect that the US government will be very generous with the surrounding countries that Chavez tries to disturb.

I really feel for the Venezuelan people as this assures them certain poverty for a LONG LONG time.

Just a thought,

Vincenzo

International Level: International Guru / Political Participation: 863 ActivistPoliticianInternational Guru 86.3%

11th Feb, 2005 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Venezuela

It would be ashame to have Venezuela become like its counterpart Colombia in its wave of violence, drugs and guerilla warfare. As for the US not taking issue at the moment - they are too busy dealing with the Middle East at the moment - but that is another thread.

28th Feb, 2005 - 11:29pm / Post ID: #

Venezuela

Now this is interesting... local news has just announced that the Venezuelan military is on high alert as the presence of a US convoy was detected near its coasts and the Venezuelans claim that they (US troops) even landed and / or conducted military missions on a nearby island.

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
1st Mar, 2005 - 1:06am / Post ID: #

Venezuela - Page 2

Wow...I did not know we had any excess troops anywhere! I do suspect there will be another large anti-american rally in the near Venezuelan future. However, this would not surprise me. The US did a similar thing to Libya when Reagan was president.

Let the mind games begin,

Vincenzo

6th Mar, 2005 - 5:51pm / Post ID: #

Venezuela Politics Business Civil & History - Page 2

Well the latest is that Chavez is threatening to stop US oil supply to the US if they do not stop what they call 'an assassination attempt' on Chavez's life. Now you might laugh at Chavez's threat, but keep in mind that Venezuela is the 5th largest exporter of Oil.

+  1 2 3 4 5 6  ...Latest (14) »

> TOPIC: Venezuela

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,