Big Mormon Families

Big Mormon Families - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 24th Feb, 2005 - 12:51am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 
4th Jul, 2003 - 11:25am / Post ID: #

Big Mormon Families

The topic of the thread I am sure reminds you of those large station wagons and mini-busses used by families in the Church to transport their children. You have to wonder how members are able to bring up so many children. Here is one sites explanation:
https://www.scienceagogo.com/news/199807241...trunc_sys.shtml

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Jul, 2003 - 9:24pm / Post ID: #

Big Mormon Families
A Friend

Families Mormon Big

I think its because Mormon couples continue to love their companions even after the first few kids...and when couples love their companions, more kids come.

5th Jul, 2003 - 10:47pm / Post ID: #

Big Mormon Families Studies Doctrine Mormon

I would love to have a big mormon family. I'm 28 and I have only one... by now for sure a mormon woman in Utah has at least 4.

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2003 - 12:25pm / Post ID: #

Big Mormon Families
A Friend

Families Mormon Big

I have a feeling that the reason Mormons have big families is that they feel a resposibility to bring as many spirit children of heavely father to live here in good truth established homes.

By continuing to Love eachother the Mormon couple are assiting Heavenly Father by providing bodies for His Children....

Just my thoughts...

5th Aug, 2003 - 3:21pm / Post ID: #

Families Mormon Big

I have a feeling that the reason Mormons have big families is that they feel a resposibility to bring as many spirit children of heavely father to live here in good truth established homes.

True but is that the reason for most LDS families? what about when they have 5 or 6 or more children and they're not financially stable to support them? or they just cannot handle them? (both parents work and stuff or they're not patient with them)?

Post Date: 5th Aug, 2003 - 3:27pm / Post ID: #

Big Mormon Families
A Friend

Big Mormon Families

I think those families are just not mature enough to handle that many children and should learn to show some restraint inliving... after all we are counseled "all things in moderation"...

Seriously though I think some people have that many children to "fit in" in the Mormon society... They are neither emotionally for spiritually prepared for the responsibilities... The Financial preparedness will come, if we waited until we could afford children we would never have them... There are lots of things that can be done to provide for a family, but the first thing is Faith and Obedience to the Laws of God.

If we have faith and are obedient to the commandments then God will bless us with all we need to care for our families...

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
6th Aug, 2003 - 3:44pm / Post ID: #

Big Mormon Families

Seriously though I think some people have that many children to "fit in" in the Mormon society... They are neither emotionally for spiritually prepared for the responsibilities...

That was one of my points. I see members having many children just to 'fit in' in what a good mormon should be or worst, they do it so that other people see them as 'righteous'. When you bring spirits into this world with those things in mind, you're failing to Heavenly Father and lying to yourself.
I totally agree with you about the financial issue...the Lord will provide, he always does.

Post Date: 24th Feb, 2005 - 12:51am / Post ID: #

Big Mormon Families
A Friend

Big Mormon Families Mormon Doctrine Studies

One reason I think that people used to have such large families, was to have enough help to do all the chores required, especially that of owning a farm and other such things. (not only people who were Mormon's) There was so much to do every day and the work was very time consuming. As busy as life is these days, we really have tremendous technologies and advances now that weren't previously available to help many things to be done faster. The study conducted is very interesting and shows that success is possible within large Mormon families.

My perception is that the number of large families within the church is decreasing, though I have no facts to back that up. I have been surprised by how many families are smaller in the various places that we have lived and visited. I think some Mormons have gotten more 'realistic' about their ability to raise a large family, and most of my friends have 2 to 4 children. I used to feel bad that I couldn't have a larger family due to health reasons, but I feel that our family size is just right for me. I think that Heavenly Father sometimes uses circumstances I find myself in to my benefit, if I will let him. In taking care of one of my sons, at times it feels like I am taking care of several children. I believe I have what I can handle, even though I find it admirable that others have larger families and can be so successful at it.

Some may wonder how Mormons are able to bring up so many children. I think that people belonging to large families become interdependent, unselfish, giving, and learn how to be self-sufficient in order to become successful. President Thomas S. Monson gave four tips for happy families, including large families:

"Happy homes come in a variety of appearances. Some feature large familieswith father, mother, brothers, and sisters living together in a spirit of love. Others consist of a single parent with one or two children, while other homes have but one occupant. There are, however, identifying features which are to be found in a happy home, whatever the number or description of its family members. I refer to these as "Hallmarks of a Happy Home." They consist of:

1. A pattern of prayer.

2. A library of learning.

3. A legacy of love.

4. A treasury of testimony."

+  1 2 3 

> TOPIC: Big Mormon Families

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,