This Is Not A Restaurant This Is A Church - Page 2 of 2

Thanks Tragula and yes I was referring specifically - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 18th Jan, 2013 - 12:34am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
What if a homeless man came to your Ward or Branch... Be honest now... What kind of reception will he get?
18th Jan, 2013 - 12:34am / Post ID: #

This Is Not A Restaurant This Is A Church - Page 2

Thanks Tragula and yes I was referring specifically about this comment by bcspace:

international QUOTE
Some people have had the unfortunate experience of giving money to a homeless person and watching them turn around and use it to buy alcohol. Also, handing them good food directly and watching them throw it away. Such are justified in being careful or even refusing

Our dear King Benjamin in Mosiah 4 said:

international QUOTE
16 And also, ye yourselves will asuccor those that stand in need of your succor; ye will administer of your substance unto him that standeth in need; and ye will not suffer that the bbeggar putteth up his petition to you in vain, and turn him out to perish.

17 Perhaps thou shalt asay: The man has brought upon himself his misery; therefore I will stay my hand, and will not give unto him of my food, nor impart unto him of my substance that he may not suffer, for his punishments are just-

18 But I say unto you, O man, whosoever doeth this the same hath great cause to repent; and except he repenteth of that which he hath done he perisheth forever, and hath no interest in the kingdom of God.

22 And if ye ajudge the man who putteth up his petition to you for your substance that he perish not, and condemn him, how much more just will be your bcondemnation for withholding your substance, which doth not belong to you but to God, to whom also your life cbelongeth; and yet ye put up no petition, nor repent of the thing which thou hast done.

If we have, we give without judging. Whatever the person does with what we already gave isn't our concern, we are commanded to give with a willing heart.

Rather off topic, but...
Brother bcspace I'm female by the way

Sponsored Links:
+  1 2 

> TOPIC: This Is Not A Restaurant This Is A Church

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,