Future Changes In Church Doctrine - Page 2 of 2

QUOTE I've never actually seen people - Page 2 - Mormon Doctrine Studies - Posted: 20th Aug, 2004 - 2:38am

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 
19th Aug, 2004 - 6:40pm / Post ID: #

Future Changes In Church Doctrine - Page 2

I recently went to the sealing of a friend's son. The people attending the sealing are not supposed to change into temple clothing. Because they remain in street clothing they can't go to the sealing room through the main area of the Temple. That is why they go up a separate elevator. I think this is to ensure that anyone in the Temple who is walking around is doing so dressed in white. I am sure they all held recommends. I know another young woman about to be sealed. Her husband's family don't have recommends. They won't be attending the sealing.

As far as changes in the future, I can see the meetings being reduced to an hour or two hours in the interest of saving on buildings. As the Church continues to grow, space in ward buildings becomes an issue. I could see someone deciding that we didn't need Sunday School for adults and that primary could get by on just one hour cutting the meetings down to 2 hours. Also, there was a time when the meetings weren't all held in a 3 hour block so there is nothing to prevent that from changing. That is simply administrative not really requiring revelation.

maybe church meetings will be reduced to an hour or two each Sunday, or maybe we will meet only occasionaly and each family will be responsible on Sunday to hold their own meetings.

I don't think they are likely to change the policy to allow family members into the Temple to witness sealings if they don't have recommends. Think about the clothing worn by the bride and groom. In addition, the sealing is an ordinance. We don't allow discussion of such things outside of the Temple, I can't imagine allowing an unworthy or unbaptised family member to witness such things. There was a time in the US, and it still exists in some areas of the world where you could get married outside of the Temple and then later that day or within a short period of time have the union sealed in the Temple. This is now only allowed in countries that don't recognize Temple Sealings as legal marriages. South Africa is one such place. You have two weeks to get sealed after you get married. If you don't do it in that time, then you need to wait a year just like you do in any country that recognizes the validity of a Temple Sealing.

Sponsored Links:
20th Aug, 2004 - 1:01am / Post ID: #

Doctrine Church In Future

JB said:

If however you are right and those people were nonmembers

Wait! I didn't say that laugh.gif I said I didn't think to ask if that were the case.

And tenaheff has now pointed out that they must be recommend holders to witness the sealing. It sure seemed like a lot of people with recommends smile.gif I've never actually seen people in street clothes inside the temple (other than the foyer and locker rooms).

Roz

20th Aug, 2004 - 2:38am / Post ID: #

Future Changes In Church Doctrine Studies Doctrine Mormon

I've never actually seen people in street clothes inside the temple (other than the foyer and locker rooms).

I have seen people in street clothes inside the temple, relatives witnessing a sealing for example, I do know they are allowed to stay in their street clothes but they must remove their shoes and put the white slippers.

+  1 2 

> TOPIC: Future Changes In Church Doctrine

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,