Xbox - Page 2 of 6

The xbox in my opinon would rate about an - Page 2 - Computer Issues, Video Gaming - Posted: 8th Jun, 2005 - 2:42pm

Text RPG Play Text RPG ?

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 
Xbox Tips Rate the console.
5th Jan, 2005 - 3:59pm / Post ID: #

Xbox - Page 2

Personally, I like the X-Box better. I like the graphics and the gameplay more than on the PS2. However, the PS2 definitely has the better selection of games.

Halo and Halo2 are not available on the PS2, but Halo is available on the PC. However, it is much better on the X-Box.

My choice would definitely be the X-Box.

Sponsored Links:
Post Date: 5th Jan, 2005 - 9:33pm / Post ID: #

Xbox
A Friend

Xbox

XBox scores highest for graphics, in my opinion (and it seems to be the opinion of many others out there as well). I also like the classic XBox controllers more than any other controllers I have seen, although I do like a Logitech XBox controller that I got.
I also like the fact that, out of the box, an XBox can be hooked for LAN parties with no problem - a feature that I have used many times.
PS2 beats every other console for game selection, but then again, you have to like the PS/PS2 games to begin with. PS2 also has the advantage of being able to play DVDs out of the box, but nowadays, a decent DVD player costs less than a new release game. PS/PS2 also has a very loyal following of Final Fantasy players.
GameCube, of course, has the time-tested selection of Nintendo characters.

Put head-to-head with any multi-platform game, I would still go with the XBox, if for nothing else but the controllers that everybody else seems to complain about. I have always had difficulty with the PlayStation controllers, which at times seem like they were made to fit into one hand. The GameCube controller is OK, but also small (one of my favorite controllers is the N64).
One thing I don't like about the XBox has more to do with some games, in the way the analog sticks are used to walk around - one stick to move forward, back, left, right, and the other stick to look up, down, left, right. My preferred setup, which isn't available on all games, is one stick to walk forward, back, and look left, right, and the other stick to walk left, right, and look up, down. To me, this feels more like a traditional PC joystick, which is what I'm used to.

I think the ultimate console would have to be the Super NES, but then again, I'm a big fan of old school. 16 colors, 8 different sounds, and four buttons.

Post Date: 17th Jan, 2005 - 3:33am / Post ID: #

Xbox
A Friend

Xbox Gaming Video & Issues Computer

Xbox graphics are great! But it's lack of variety in games is a bit of a problem. It's not really a system you want if you are in to RPG's. It's really all about Xbox Live and that's mostly first person shooters, games like Halo. Halo and Halo 2 are both great in my opinion but I like playing my multiplayer games on the computer, so no Xbox Live for me. Plus I had bought six controllers for my Xbox in the short time that I owned it and all of them broke rather fast! My Playstation 2 controllers are practically as old as my Playstation 2 and they still work fine! I bought my Playstation 2 when it came out!

17th Feb, 2005 - 8:54pm / Post ID: #

Page 2 Xbox

From USAToday.com

https://www.usatoday.com/tech/products/gear...ox-recall_x.htm

Microsoft recalls Xbox power cords

SEATTLE - Microsoft Corp. said Thursday that it is recalling 14.1 million power cords for its Xbox game because they can catch fire.
The software company said 30 customers have reported fire damage. Seven Xbox users burned their hands, while 23 reported smoke damage or damage to their carpets or entertainment centers, Microsoft said......

Customers can order a free replacement cord by going to www.xbox.com. Until a new cord is delivered, Xbox users should turn off their game players when not in use, Microsoft said.

Moore declined to say how much the recall will cost the company.

Not only will this hurt Microsoft financially but also it wont help their image, especially with the ground that PS2 has captured. Many have said that even though XBOX has better graphics, their pricing strategy and selection of games has been sub-par. We'll see if this hurts them more than they expect it to.

Post Date: 4th Apr, 2005 - 1:52am / Post ID: #

Xbox
A Friend

Xbox

X-box is much better than the PS2. The X-box has better graphics without a doubt. Even though the PS2 has more games, the lack of games will be mended. The X-box is faster and more reliable. Malexander said something about the recalling of the power cords would hurt Microsofts' image. Does anyone remember that Sony had to replace a lot of peoples platforms? Thats why Sony introduced the slim, newer PS2, because they messed up and had to replace thousands of platforms for free. The X-Box is great, but wait for the X-BOX 2 (The XENON).

Post Date: 12th Apr, 2005 - 11:42am / Post ID: #

NOTE: News [?]

Xbox

NEXT XBOX TO GET MTV UNVEILING

Microsoft Corp. Monday said it would unveil the next generation of its Xbox
video game console in a May 12 special on cable music and entertainment
channel MTV.
Ref. https://www.cnn.com/2005/TECH/fun.games/04/...reut/index.html

Make sure to SUBSCRIBE for FREE to JB's Youtube Channel!
Post Date: 12th Apr, 2005 - 3:04pm / Post ID: #

Xbox
A Friend

Xbox - Page 2

The Xobox will have to rate high as it is very good. Not only does it deal with online play and very good graphics and a good handfull games. But it is going to be the next gen of games as of May 12 when Xbox 2 comes out.

Post Date: 8th Jun, 2005 - 2:42pm / Post ID: #

Xbox
A Friend

Xbox Computer Issues & Video Gaming - Page 2

The xbox in my opinon would rate about an 9. This system is great, the only thing "weighing" this one down is the 8 pounds of hardware this thing has. All of that weigt is caused by steel plates surrounding the hardware. If you hav'nt noiced it's a bare to move around, esspecially if you got to a lot of xbox parties like me. 0_o

+  1 2 3 4 5 6 

> TOPIC: Xbox

▲ TOP

International Discussions Coded by: BGID®
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright © 1999-2024
Disclaimer Privacy Report Errors Credits
This site uses Cookies to dispense or record information with regards to your visit. By continuing to use this site you agree to the terms outlined in our Cookies used here: Privacy / Disclaimer,